My carrier wants me to do a factory default reset, then use recovery to reinstall all my apps back to see if that will repair my phone. I've spent a few days on the google play store to try to find 2 apps; however search has not worked as well as I hoped. I'm needing an app that goes beyond what safe mode does, that would allow me to disable/enable all nonfactory apps selectively instead of just disabling all of them.

The second app I'm needing would go beyond the normal backup/restore and use a external file that would reinstall user id/password of apps, and restore my launcher's user interface to the last state before the factory default reset was done, instead of just restoring the apps that were installed.

I have a LG G5 that's 4 months old, and the fingerprint reader has stopped working. My carrier wants to do the reset and app reinstall to try to repair the phone and if that fails, then replace it with another G5. The only issue I have is if an app is causing the problem, I have no way to know which one is the cause, and the amount of time it would take to get my phone setup the way it was before the 1st reset is done.
    04-13-2017 04:56 PM
    Link2SD will do the first one - disable any app you want, one at a time.

But if you boot to safe mode and the fingerprint scanner starts working, you know it's one of your apps, so do that first. (If it doesn't work in safe mode, disabling the apps won't fix the problem.)

And you should always have the phone backed up - including the apps and their settings. (Or install TWRP to back up all user data (including apps) at once.)
    04-13-2017 05:50 PM