Just noticed that Politico has finally released an Android app. I don't always agree with the stuff written there but it's a major site and one that has only had an iPhone app for the longest time. I've personally been waiting forever for this app. Best of all: no ads!

apparently it came out earlier this month and I missed it. Here is a link :

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

here is a small list of news sites that now have official Android apps

FOX News: The app is pretty much broken tho.

CNN

USA Today

The Independent

Thomson-Reuters

CBS News

NY daily News

NYTimes

NY Magazine

MSNBC

Meet The Press

NPR

Chicago Tribune

LA Times

TIME

NewsWeek

Slate

The Hill

The Huffingtonpost

CNET News

The Associated Press

The major site still missing is The Drudge Report, and that's because Matt Drudge is an iPhone fanboy and official Google hater. I love his site's content but he is an Apple juice drinking tool. If you go to his site right now he has an ANDROID logo pictured with a link to the story about APPLE tracking users location WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. How ****** up is that?? He and the WSJ are both Apple whores and propagandists, trying to drag Google into Apple's mess. They are scared to death that iPhone users might switch to Android after these revelations regarding Apple tracking users and storing that info on the device and then transferring it to the computer when you sync.

Anyway, as a conservative this list is mostly absent my kind of content but it's still nice to see these sites supporting Android.
    04-23-2011 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD