Permanently Blocking An App Update?

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The latest update to the SiriusXM (version 4.0) app is causing problems on my Android 6.0 device. I was able to restore the app to the prior version and would like to permanently prevent the app from updating. I've already turned off "Auto Update" for the app, but it would be ideal never to see an update listed in Google Play for this app again. Any ideas? Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can hide the app in the update list. Have you contacted the developer for the app to let them know what is happening?

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response.

No, I haven't contacted the app developer because it is a weird issue. The SiriusXM app doesn't support Chromecast Audio natively so I cast the audio using Google Home once I launch the app. This worked fine until the current app update. Once I updated the SiriusXM app on my Moto G (2nd Gen) running Android 6.0, the Chromecast Audio (CCA) connection began to drop after 60 minutes. It is almost like clock work. This problem exist on the CCA device at my house and the one at my sister's house. I did a factory reset of the device and was able to download the non updated version of the app. The connection didn't drop for an entire day, until I updated the app to version 4.0. I uninstalled the app and thankfully the "old" version is still on Google Play, not the updated version. I reinstalled it and all is well again. I want to prevent from updating the app because the old version might not be available in the future.

BTW, I have the updated SiriusXM app on two Nougat devices and they don't drop the CCA connection.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would still consider sending them an email about it. Be as specific as you can, then they can possibly fix the issue.

As for sticking to the old version...I have never done that before. I think the app will always remain in the app update list as long as it is out of date. Have you disabled the auto update for that specific app?

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, auto update has been disabled. I just need to update the other apps individually and not use the "update all" option. Thanks for your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo