Selling my app? Need advice

A

AC Question

Hey everyone,
I've been a developer for a few years now and I decided to sell my apps to start new business ventures. I've contacted several companies in the field and I got the largest offer from WePurchaseApps, has anyone else heard about them or used them? I haven't sold anything on the web before, but as far as I know they use Escrow and that it's a safe service so I can't get scammed? Anyone who sold an app here maybe could give me some insight as to what to expect?

Thanks!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this topic, but maybe @SCrid2000 or @KermEd can they are developer friends of mine. I googled around and found the Escrow site and it appears to be legit, BUT again I have no experience with them.

KermEd

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, to be honest we both have always done self publishing. Which means we sell our own apps directly without going through a company. This way, we get continual payments.

I've seen places that 'buy your apps' for a price, but I don't know that I would trust them.

dev4life1337

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I'm the OP of this thread. For somewhat reason a couple of days ago I tried to create the account but it did not let me. Thanks everyone for the replies. I checked out the scamadvisor and contacted them about it, they told me that they weren't even aware of a site like it and they sent me some of their app portfolio which looked really legit. Anyway I went through with the Escrow deal. I just transferred my app to them on Friday and the Escrow funds got released to me. Just today before writing the thread, I saw the money arrived to my bank account. I was a little stressed about during the weekend,I must say, but I'm really glad everything went smoothly.
Also Thanks for the replies guys! Also what do you mean you sell them directly? I was thinking I am selling them directly, they just use Escrow as a 3rd party to minimize the scamming, I think.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think they mean sell direct to the public via the Google Play Store, or the Apple App store. I'm not sure how they arrange it, BUT for the app I sold via BlackBerry's App store (BlackBerry App World) it was revenue sharing, I got about 70 cents on the dollar for each sale, and BlackBerry would pay out when the money reach 50 dollars which it hardly EVER did. I wrote a VERY niche app with VERY limited appeal. Eventually I just made it a free app. ;)

Last edited: