Hey everyone,
    I've been a developer for a few years now and I decided to sell my apps to start new business ventures. I've contacted several companies in the field and I got the largest offer from WePurchaseApps, has anyone else heard about them or used them? I haven't sold anything on the web before, but as far as I know they use Escrow and that it's a safe service so I can't get scammed? Anyone who sold an app here maybe could give me some insight as to what to expect?

Thanks!!
    05-18-2017 07:32 AM
    Welcome to AC, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this topic, but maybe @SCrid2000 or @KermEd can they are developer friends of mine. I googled around and found the Escrow site and it appears to be legit, BUT again I have no experience with them.
    05-18-2017 09:11 AM
    I haven't done a lot of Android development, but I've never heard of WePurchaseApps.

Scamadvisor says it's probably a scam.
    pkcable and badcat like this.
    05-18-2017 10:14 AM
    Yeah, to be honest we both have always done self publishing. Which means we sell our own apps directly without going through a company. This way, we get continual payments.

I've seen places that 'buy your apps' for a price, but I don't know that I would trust them.
    pkcable and badcat like this.
    05-18-2017 11:38 AM
    Thanks guys!
    05-18-2017 11:39 AM
    Hello, I'm the OP of this thread. For somewhat reason a couple of days ago I tried to create the account but it did not let me. Thanks everyone for the replies. I checked out the scamadvisor and contacted them about it, they told me that they weren't even aware of a site like it and they sent me some of their app portfolio which looked really legit. Anyway I went through with the Escrow deal. I just transferred my app to them on Friday and the Escrow funds got released to me. Just today before writing the thread, I saw the money arrived to my bank account. I was a little stressed about during the weekend,I must say, but I'm really glad everything went smoothly.
    Also Thanks for the replies guys! Also what do you mean you sell them directly? I was thinking I am selling them directly, they just use Escrow as a 3rd party to minimize the scamming, I think.
    05-22-2017 08:39 AM
    I think they mean sell direct to the public via the Google Play Store, or the Apple App store. I'm not sure how they arrange it, BUT for the app I sold via BlackBerry's App store (BlackBerry App World) it was revenue sharing, I got about 70 cents on the dollar for each sale, and BlackBerry would pay out when the money reach 50 dollars which it hardly EVER did. I wrote a VERY niche app with VERY limited appeal. Eventually I just made it a free app.
    05-22-2017 02:40 PM
    Hey,
    I've sold my app to them, what do you want to know?
    06-22-2017 08:48 AM