Official Swype Beta Available

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I got in andI'm seriously pleased. This is considerably improved o over the leak and is working quite nicely. I'd recently went using smart keyboard as the whacky things swype was doing were driving a bit crazy, haha. Pretty happy right now, they've really dialed it in.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Love it. I gotta teach myself not to manually capitalize the first word in every sentence now lol

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm really happy Swype did this. I love using Swype and to have an officially provided and up-to-date version has improved things a lot for me.

My opinion of Swype is improving.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm really happy Swype did this. I love using Swype and to have an officially provided and up-to-date version has improved things a lot for me.

My opinion of Swype is improving.

Allybean

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
It definitely looks a lot more polished than the leaked version, and typing is a lot smoother, which is shiny! But every time I switch my input method to Swype on my N1, it gives me a popup saying that it's not configured to work properly on my device and won't have full functionality...and then the actual swyping/swiping doesn't work! I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help....maybe it's just me, though?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Swype on my Eris and while I liked the leaked version, even though it would FC fairly frequently, I really like the beta. It is a lot more polished, fluid and more reliable. The couple of hours I went without Swype and had to use the HTC keyboard made me realize how reliant I had become on Swype!

FYI, I installed SlideIt but my phone would never recognize it, even though I had selected it like I did Swype. Needless to say, I'm sticking with Swype!

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Swype Beta Problem

My droid froze, so I took out the battery and restarted the phone, when it came on a popup came up that said "Open of EnglishUS failed!" Has anyone else who downloaded the new swype beta had this problem? I did switch from the unofficial swype release to the new beta, but its worked for a few days before today.

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Swype on Droid

Ive had Swype installed since the beta Link on Android Central back in December, It now tells me my "Trail period has Ended".

Any ideas?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem specifically like that, but I did have a problem when I restarted the phone that it would pop open a window saying "this product is registered on another device, and therefore will work with limited functionality...etc". I was running DroidMod at the time I believe, and this would come up each time I restarted the phone. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work.

My solution? Went to UltimateDroid, who includes a hacked version with it. I don't use it much, I much prefer Smart Keyboard over it.

Reactions: clarkpd24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463