Went to apps settings permissions. As I scrolled down I noticed something I have never seen before. Usually all my icon images are the white/gray normal color but I noticed a few are outlined with a neon green color. Why is this. When I press on it, it says not for use by normal apps. Have also been noticing some other strange behavior on my cell device, any help is very appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails App permission icon lit up neon green-screenshot_2017-05-20-22-42-47.png   App permission icon lit up neon green-screenshot_2017-05-20-22-43-00.png  
    05-21-2017 12:39 AM
    Went to apps settings permissions. As I scrolled down I noticed something I have never seen before. Usually all my icon images are the white/gray normal color but I noticed a few are outlined with a neon green color. Why is this. When I press on it, it says not for use by normal apps. Have also been noticing some other strange behavior on my cell device, any help is very appreciated.
    That is normal, the icon comes from the system's firmware and usually en tales that the application can do things like modify system settings, or settings outside of it's self. When it is referencing that "normal" apps do not do this, that is because the app requires the permission for certain functions. For instance: third-party home launchers require access to system settings so that the shortcut for system settings in the launcher can modify the settings. Permissions are a, consent, of sorts that ensure the user understands what the apps they install have access to.
    05-21-2017 01:47 AM