emergency type app/widget that sends a text fast

drclayton

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if this existed? What i'd like it to do is basically be a button i hit and it will send a pre-saved text to a specific number.
This could be for emergencies or for work/fun. In situations where you cant use your phone or have it out for long (meetings, church, school, etc) you could send a text to your wife or whoever immediately saying you will call them back.
Or for me...i could use it to reach the IT guy during a meeting...sorta like an emergency button so he can come quickly.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I know for the first example you can use something that will use a trigger (such as motion) for drive.safely to auto respond with whatever you want it too, i'm sure there is another program (or option) that can be set to auto text when your not available.

not sure about the second one, maybe set one up and save it as a draft so you can call it up and fire it off?

jalsing

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I used to use an app called 'Pager' (by Bob Lee) which does what you request. The only downside I remember is it didn't save the message to the messaging database, so it didn't end up in your conversation list. It also has a somewhat poor contact list selector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude