Official Google apps... the most buggy?

dancingcrab

Feb 16, 2010
www.dancingcrabspeaks.blogspot.com
Hello all. I've been having some trouble with a couple of the Googe apps on my Droid and was wondering if anyone has found any fixes yet - I can't find any via Googling (heheh).

First up is the horrible glitchy mess that is Google Talk. Now before any says 'Meebo!!', I'm aware of other IM apps and will probably switch. But I would prefer to use Talk by Google on my Google powered Android device. However, I am constantly signed out of the app, occassionally mid-conversation, which is infuriating. I like the interface, I like the intergration, I do not like being randomly online/offline.

Secondly, Google Listen. Great app, except the one podcast I listen to (Rock Paper Shotgun) won't update with the latest episode. Whatever I do, it won't appear. Also, why don't they turn it into an RSS reader as well? (Other than it being called 'Listen'.)

Of course, I love Google and would love to stay with these apps, but will probably have to switch up to Meebo and Doggcatcher instead. I'm just hoping that maybe somebody has some fixes...

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
the issue with listen is that is syncs to your google reader account, so what i have found is that if you mark a podcast as "read" on GR before you sync it with listen, then that podcast will not sync to listen. incredibly annoying, but it is what it is.

as far as talk, i dont use it enough to help...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC