11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I just did a few quick tests, and I couldn't hear the beep on the other end - it doesn't bother me, so I'll just leave it on.

Two quick questions - does turning on echo cancellation increase the latency in the call? Does checking the post processing box along with the echo cancellation box increase latency anymore than just having echo cancellation on?

Also, I think I found a bug - I am on a Nexus S, and when playing around with the echo cancellation settings, I noticed that if I mute the call in the Groove IP app, and end the call without unmuting it, it will remain muted for my next call (this also causes the automatic tail detection to fail). If I toggle the mute on then off, it is fixed though.
    Neither option should add latency.

Will take a look at the mute issue you ran into.
    08-11-2011 07:58 PM
    How long does it take the Amazon app store to publish your updates?

Sent from my EVO 3D
    08-12-2011 07:23 AM
    How long does it take the Amazon app store to publish your updates?

Sent from my EVO 3D
    I haven't found any pattern, and they don't give us an ETA. It's ranged from a few hours to a few days. Once it took them two weeks.
    08-12-2011 07:29 AM
    I haven't found any pattern, and they don't give us an ETA. It's ranged from a few hours to a few days. Once it took them two weeks.
    OK, thanks.
    08-12-2011 10:10 AM
    OK, thanks.
    Looks like they processed the update. 1.2.1 is available from Amazon now.
    08-12-2011 10:12 AM
    Looks like they processed the update. 1.2.1 is available from Amazon now.
    Wahoo!
    08-12-2011 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the help. Wifi fixer did nothing to help. I then tried an app called advanced wifi lock. It seems that it may have fixed the problem.
    I know I'm kind of late to the party here, but I also found that Advanced Wifi Lock did the trick. With this app, GrooVe IP starts ringing almost immediately after the call is placed.

The other app, Wifi Fixer, didn't help. With this app, there are several rings (on the calling side) before GrooVe IP starts to ring.

It seems to me that if this app can keep WiFi on, it should be possible to add Android 2.2 support to the High Perf WiFi Lock option (which presently only works with 2.3).
    08-19-2011 12:45 AM
    I know I'm kind of late to the party here, but I also found that Advanced Wifi Lock did the trick. With this app, GrooVe IP starts ringing almost immediately after the call is placed.

The other app, Wifi Fixer, didn't help. With this app, there are several rings (on the calling side) before GrooVe IP starts to ring.

It seems to me that if this app can keep WiFi on, it should be possible to add Android 2.2 support to the High Perf WiFi Lock option (which presently only works with 2.3).
    I believe Advanced WiFi Lock gets a different wifi lock. We're going to be adding support for that directly into GrooVe IP so you don't need to use another app.
    08-19-2011 08:16 AM
    Hi, I purchased the GrooVe IP yesterday but so far haven't been able to get it to work on my unrooted Droid X (Verizon). I'm located in North Carolina.

I've had Google Voice on my phone for a while for the voicemail feature. I signed into Google Voice on my computer and:
    1) got a new google phone #
    2) checked the box for calls to be forwarded to Google Chat
    3) un-checked the box for calls to be forwarded to my mobile #
    4) signed out of Google Chat in gmail

I turned on WiFi on my Droid X and connected to a network

I opened GrooVeIP, logged in with my Gmail/Voice username and password. GrooVeIP said I signed-in successfully. My main goal with this app is to send/receive calls from our place in the mountains where we have WiFi but no cell service, so I didn't select to Allow 3G/4G Calling.

Tried to make a call to my wife's phone from the dialer in GrooVeIP, it sounded like the call went through and rang for a split-second before dropping the call. Tried again, same thing. Then tried calling another number, same result. When I got home, my wife did say she had a missed-call or two from my Google #.

Now this morning I'm trying to get GrooVeIP figured out. On my phone - I'm signed-in on GrooVeIP and connected to WiFi. I'm sitting here next to my office land-line and trying to call that # from GrooVeIP. When I do, GrooVeIP shows "Calling..." on my mobile's screen, but my office phone never rings.

I also tried calling my Google # from my office line and my mobile won't ring, the call goes straight to my Google Voicemail.

I signed into Google Voice and selected for calls to be forwarded to my mobile #. Dialed my Google # from my office phone and my mobile rang, so I've got the Google # correct.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Should I try deleting and re-installing the app?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    08-19-2011 09:22 AM
    Hi, I purchased the GrooVe IP yesterday but so far haven't been able to get it to work on my unrooted Droid X (Verizon). I'm located in North Carolina.

I've had Google Voice on my phone for a while for the voicemail feature. I signed into Google Voice on my computer and:
    1) got a new google phone #
    2) checked the box for calls to be forwarded to Google Chat
    3) un-checked the box for calls to be forwarded to my mobile #
    4) signed out of Google Chat in gmail

I turned on WiFi on my Droid X and connected to a network

I opened GrooVeIP, logged in with my Gmail/Voice username and password. GrooVeIP said I signed-in successfully. My main goal with this app is to send/receive calls from our place in the mountains where we have WiFi but no cell service, so I didn't select to Allow 3G/4G Calling.

Tried to make a call to my wife's phone from the dialer in GrooVeIP, it sounded like the call went through and rang for a split-second before dropping the call. Tried again, same thing. Then tried calling another number, same result. When I got home, my wife did say she had a missed-call or two from my Google #.

Now this morning I'm trying to get GrooVeIP figured out. On my phone - I'm signed-in on GrooVeIP and connected to WiFi. I'm sitting here next to my office land-line and trying to call that # from GrooVeIP. When I do, GrooVeIP shows "Calling..." on my mobile's screen, but my office phone never rings.

I also tried calling my Google # from my office line and my mobile won't ring, the call goes straight to my Google Voicemail.

I signed into Google Voice and selected for calls to be forwarded to my mobile #. Dialed my Google # from my office phone and my mobile rang, so I've got the Google # correct.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Should I try deleting and re-installing the app?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

The stuck at "Calling" issue started affecting people this morning. It appears that either there is a problem on the Google servers or Google may have modified the calling specification slightly. Incoming calls appear to still work. We're looking into it and should have more answers or a solution soon.
    08-19-2011 09:50 AM
    Thanks. Deleted and re-installed the GrooVeIP app, still not receiving calls, Wifi connection is "fair".
    08-19-2011 11:10 AM
    Thanks. Deleted and re-installed the GrooVeIP app, still not receiving calls, Wifi connection is "fair".
    To receive calls you need to go into your google voice account (google.com/voice) and forward calls to google chat. Have you done that?
    08-19-2011 11:13 AM
    Yep. In Google Voice, the box is checked for Forward Calls To Google Chat. Do not have the box checked for calls to forward to my mobile number. Am signed out of Chat in Gmail, and not signed into Chat on my phone. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Will try again when I get home and have a stronger Wifi signal.
    08-19-2011 12:45 PM
    How do you get the Google Chat box back? I did something to it and now it gone can't find a way to get it back so I can click on it. Please help NE1...
    08-19-2011 12:55 PM
    How do you get the Google Chat box back? I did something to it and now it gone can't find a way to get it back so I can click on it. Please help NE1...
    Make a call from your PC with the gmail calling feature. That should bring it back.
    aznpolobear likes this.
    08-19-2011 12:56 PM
    Thank you so much for your help and the wonderful application
    08-19-2011 01:36 PM
    Version 1.2.2:

- Fix outgoing calls due to new Google Voice namespace
    - Add support for contact specific ringtones
    - Change notification icon to indicate in-call state
    - Add 'Next' and 'Go' to login screen keyboard
    - Make license check more tollerant of Android license server errors
    08-19-2011 05:18 PM
    Awesome! Thank you so much for fixing the Calling problem right away. I was going crazy early today trying to figure out what the problem was. This app is getting much better and thanks for constantly trying to improve it. I too will be happier when I don't have to use advanced wifi lock anymore and when Groove supports 2.2 for this but until then the current setup is fine. There is still a slight delay between when the person says hello and when I can hear them say hello while using 3G. This doesn't happen when using WiFi though. Any thoughts on fixing that? I have around a 1.2MB speed when using 3G so i don't think speed is the problem. Thanks again!
    08-19-2011 08:35 PM
    Version 1.2.2:

- Fix outgoing calls due to new Google Voice namespace
    - Add support for contact specific ringtones
    - Change notification icon to indicate in-call state
    - Add 'Next' and 'Go' to login screen keyboard
    - Make license check more tollerant of Android license server errors
    The update isn't available on the Amazon Appstore yet. Is that coming soon?
    08-20-2011 05:16 PM
    The update isn't available on the Amazon Appstore yet. Is that coming soon?
    Check out our facebook page. We posted a trial version for Amazon customers.
    08-20-2011 09:53 PM
    Check out our facebook page. We posted a trial version for Amazon customers.
    It's very frustrating, sometimes I use Amazon to get something on sale but get burned in the end because of the slow publishing of the updates.
    08-20-2011 11:09 PM
    It's very frustrating, sometimes I use Amazon to get something on sale but get burned in the end because of the slow publishing of the updates.
    Yes. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. We posted the update to Amazon. But their internal review takes them a few days.
    08-21-2011 09:18 AM
    Yes. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. We posted the update to Amazon. But their internal review takes them a few days.
    Not your fault. Just venting that maybe the saving of a buck or two may not be worth the wait all of the time
    08-21-2011 09:13 PM
    And now Google has undone the change they made on Friday. So 1.2.2 won't work but earlier versions will. I posted 1.2.1 on our facebook page. Will be updated to 1.2.3 that will support either way in case they change again.
    08-22-2011 10:55 AM
    Ok version 1.2.3 has been posted to the android market. Supports both old and new namespaces so outgoing calls should work...again. Amazon still has 1.2.1 which should also be able to make calls.
    08-22-2011 11:36 AM
692 ... 1213141516 ...