11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Have had a couple of calls lately where I can hear the caller crystal clear, but they tell me that I seem to be "breaking up". This is on an LG Optimus V running IHO (Gingerbread) with an interactive overclock to 785 on a WiFi call.

Any Opt V users who can share which settings work for them?

TIA!
    10-09-2011 07:21 AM
    My apologies if this was already asked. I skimmed through the posts and other than shomizu9's excellent review, I didn't see anything about text messages.

As I understand it, GrooVe IP is using the XMPP/Google Talk interface and that Google doesn't (yet?) pass along text messages through to their Talk client. Has there been any thought to including support for text messaging through your client?

So far, I'm impressed with the client and the quality of the calls on both 3G and WiFi. Well worth the $5 and then some.
    I just use this in conjunction with the Google Voice app. The Google Voice app will handle voice mail and text messages, while GrooveIP handles the call side.
    10-10-2011 09:02 AM
    My apologies if this was already asked. I skimmed through the posts and other than shomizu9's excellent review, I didn't see anything about text messages.

As I understand it, GrooVe IP is using the XMPP/Google Talk interface and that Google doesn't (yet?) pass along text messages through to their Talk client. Has there been any thought to including support for text messaging through your client?

So far, I'm impressed with the client and the quality of the calls on both 3G and WiFi. Well worth the $5 and then some.
    You'll have to use the Google Voice android app for SMS. The limitation isn't a technical one, we know how to connect to Google Voice SMS. But currently Google's terms of service don't allow it. Unless Google changes their TOS or we get permission from them we won't be able to add it into the app.
    10-10-2011 10:48 AM
    You'll have to use the Google Voice android app for SMS. The limitation isn't a technical one, we know how to connect to Google Voice SMS. But currently Google's terms of service don't allow it. Unless Google changes their TOS or we get permission from them we won't be able to add it into the app.
    Gotcha. I didn't know it was a TOS issue.

I've been using the official client, but I was hoping to have SMS integrated into GrooVe IP as well. I appreciate the info!
    10-11-2011 10:56 AM
    I LOVE GrooVe IP! I tell all my friends about it - it's the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned. I love the feature that pops up when you dial out that asks if you want to use GrooVe IP or cell phone network - this really saves me money on my cell phone bill!!!!

Whenever I can, I post about GIP everywhere I can - this is too good to keep to myself! Whoever thought this app up is a genius.....
    10-11-2011 11:13 AM
    I LOVE GrooVe IP! I tell all my friends about it - it's the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned. I love the feature that pops up when you dial out that asks if you want to use GrooVe IP or cell phone network - this really saves me money on my cell phone bill!!!!

Whenever I can, I post about GIP everywhere I can - this is too good to keep to myself! Whoever thought this app up is a genius.....
    Thanks. Glad you like it!
    10-11-2011 12:37 PM
    I just got the galaxy player 5.0 and when I make phone calls I know the mic works because I can hear my own voice but the voice does not transmit so the other party cannot hear me. I can hear them clear. What am I missing?
    10-16-2011 12:26 PM
    I have the echo canceler enabled, and it seems to normally work, except when I am told after the call: "unable to determine echo canceler value" (I have the echo tail set to auto detect).

I am assuming this is occurring because the in-call volume was set too low when the initial 'beep' occurred at the beginning of the call. Is there some way to increase the in-call volume at the beginning when the beep occurs, or is this issue occurring for some other reason?

Overall, while I appreciate the addition of the echo canceller, I really wish there was a more robust solution available. Do you know if Android ICS will include the ability to use the phone api to handle the echo canceler?
    10-16-2011 09:24 PM
    I just got the galaxy player 5.0 and when I make phone calls I know the mic works because I can hear my own voice but the voice does not transmit so the other party cannot hear me. I can hear them clear. What am I missing?

Try the Keep Screen Alive checkbox. It could be that the wifi chip is going into a power saving state
    10-17-2011 09:01 AM
    I have the echo canceler enabled, and it seems to normally work, except when I am told after the call: "unable to determine echo canceler value" (I have the echo tail set to auto detect).

I am assuming this is occurring because the in-call volume was set too low when the initial 'beep' occurred at the beginning of the call. Is there some way to increase the in-call volume at the beginning when the beep occurs, or is this issue occurring for some other reason?

Overall, while I appreciate the addition of the echo canceller, I really wish there was a more robust solution available. Do you know if Android ICS will include the ability to use the phone api to handle the echo canceler?
    If you know the range of echo tail sizes your normally get in calls you can switch to a manual setting that covers that range. I'm not sure what ICS will support, but either way it will be up to the device manufacturer to properly implement the api. That's why even right now some devices have no echo without the echo canceler and others do.
    10-17-2011 09:04 AM
    I have been using the app for a while now with issues. i love the app. But for the last 2 weeks I can't make outgoing call at all. I can only receive call. Same setting used to work, now no longer work. Reset the phone and the app many time still doesn't work. Reset Google voice many time still doesn't work. I went to android market to see if I can update the app. it would ask me to purchase the app again. I want to uninstall the app and reinstall the app without having to buy the app again. please help thanks
    10-17-2011 11:44 AM
    I have been using the app for a while now with issues. i love the app. But for the last 2 weeks I can't make outgoing call at all. I can only receive call. Same setting used to work, now no longer work. Reset the phone and the app many time still doesn't work. Reset Google voice many time still doesn't work. I went to android market to see if I can update the app. it would ask me to purchase the app again. I want to uninstall the app and reinstall the app without having to buy the app again. please help thanks
    Hi,

You likely have an older version of the app. You need to update to the latest version. Google made some changes to their messages. The newer versions of the app support both the old and new messages. App purchases are tied to the google account you used to purchase. If you purchased from the android market you can get the update from there. If you purchased from amazon you'll have to get the update from amazon.
    10-17-2011 12:45 PM
    I check the box on Keep the screen alive, but nothing it said calling the number but no sound of ring. I bought the app. thru android market, but when I got on there there is no button to push for update. the only button said purchase. on droid market update it did not say install or update like the rest of the apps. it just said purchase. any suggestion, thanks
    10-17-2011 05:41 PM
    Thank you for all you help the app was stuck on update. finally it went thru now it's working again. thank so much.
    10-17-2011 05:52 PM
    Thank you for all you help the app was stuck on update. finally it went thru now it's working again. thank so much.
    No problem. If you like the app, please consider giving us a 5-star review
    10-17-2011 06:29 PM
    sure will. thanks
    10-18-2011 11:11 AM
    Hi:
    get ready i have alot of questions.

currently i have google voice (just started using it on my android device today) and SKYPE (unlimited USA) and i also have a skype online number.

i can use my DROID-X (running gingerbread) built-in DIALPAD or i can use my SKYPE dialpad.
    01 do i have the choice to use my built-in dialpad OR the groove ip dialpad?

i am really looking for something LIKE skype but BETTER
    example (android skype)
    01 i have to use an older version so i can SELECT my own ringtone.
    02 i can not listen to my voicemails unless i goto my pc and run skype from their
    03 no unlimited SMS package available (10.4cents per text in usa)
    04 no MMS at all

everything else is good (i just want an ALL-IN-ONE) that actually works

right now i have unlimited talk for one year and i have an online number for one year for $65.00 total

i dont mind spending money but i want it ALL (sms, mms and voicemail) from one app

let me know what i should do if there is no all-in-one app like skype but better then skype
    right now i use google voice and yes i can get my voicemail and send/recieve texts for free but i would really like it all intergrated like it is for a phone that has service from isp

i just use wifi only so its skype and google voice for my (voicemail, texting and talk) which works
    i just want i tall to work

im really not sure my point
    maybe my point is (can groove ip or any other software) give me something better then what i have now?
    android skype (with online number) and android google voice
    10-18-2011 04:53 PM
    Good app, works better than the sip/pbxes.org solution. BUT when I take my phone out of my pocket the ignore button is often accidentally engaged and I miss the call. Can we please have the option of using something resembling the native answer screen, with sliders?
    10-20-2011 10:35 PM
    With the newest version, when I make a call (also when I receive a call I think) with the phone sideways, but autorotate turned off, the button layout appears to still rotate, making the buttons cover the top half of the screen, and run off the right side. I can send a screenshot of this if you have trouble reproducing it.

Also, I noticed that my issue with the auto-detect echo seems to occur when I have the incoming call volume low at the beginning of the call. It seems to always work if I have that volume high enough. Is there some way to emit the beep sound at the maximum volume no matter what the incoming call volume, or to increase the incoming call volume for the first few seconds of the call to fix this?
    10-21-2011 07:29 AM
    Good app, works better than the sip/pbxes.org solution. BUT when I take my phone out of my pocket the ignore button is often accidentally engaged and I miss the call. Can we please have the option of using something resembling the native answer screen, with sliders?
    Will take a look and see what we can do.
    10-21-2011 11:07 AM
    With the newest version, when I make a call (also when I receive a call I think) with the phone sideways, but autorotate turned off, the button layout appears to still rotate, making the buttons cover the top half of the screen, and run off the right side. I can send a screenshot of this if you have trouble reproducing it.

Also, I noticed that my issue with the auto-detect echo seems to occur when I have the incoming call volume low at the beginning of the call. It seems to always work if I have that volume high enough. Is there some way to emit the beep sound at the maximum volume no matter what the incoming call volume, or to increase the incoming call volume for the first few seconds of the call to fix this?
    Believe I fixed the first issue. It will be in the next beta. Will have to look into the volume/echo canceler issue. For now you can switch to a manual setting if you know what range of echo tails you normally get.
    10-21-2011 01:15 PM
    Believe I fixed the first issue. It will be in the next beta. Will have to look into the volume/echo canceler issue. For now you can switch to a manual setting if you know what range of echo tails you normally get.
    I was going to set a manual value, but my echo tail varies from 160 to 320, so there isn't any range that covers all of the possible values I could get.
    10-21-2011 02:16 PM
    ~EDIT~
    developer answered my question
    10-21-2011 03:56 PM
    I am running a pre-release version of ICS on my Nexus S (based on the sdk), and just for fun I decided to try out Groove IP. It appears to work fine, except the volume control doesn't seem to work (it doesn't adjust the volume, it is adjusting something else).

This may just be due to the port, but I thought I would just let you know in-case something change with ICS. Obviously I don't expect Groove IP to work perfectly with this pre-release rom.
    10-26-2011 05:08 PM
    I am running a pre-release version of ICS on my Nexus S (based on the sdk), and just for fun I decided to try out Groove IP. It appears to work fine, except the volume control doesn't seem to work (it doesn't adjust the volume, it is adjusting something else).

This may just be due to the port, but I thought I would just let you know in-case something change with ICS. Obviously I don't expect Groove IP to work perfectly with this pre-release rom.
    Thanks for the info. We plan on buying a Galaxy Nexus as soon as it comes out. From the SDK it doesn't look like anything should have to change in the app, but we'll try it as soon as things are officially released.
    10-27-2011 01:11 PM
692 ... 1617181920 ...