11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 1234 ...
tools
    I am running the latest nightly cyanogenmod 7 ROM. It is the one where they just implemented gingerbread 2.3.4. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    That might be it. We're still doing more work with the proximity sensor, so hopefully some of our later work will get it working for you.
    05-05-2011 05:55 PM
    That might be it. We're still doing more work with the proximity sensor, so hopefully some of our later work will get it working for you.
    May I slip you guys a few bucks to move the bluetooth issue higher up on the list??
    05-06-2011 10:29 AM
    May I slip you guys a few bucks to move the bluetooth issue higher up on the list??
    Bluetooth is actually in the 1.0.13 release. Just commented out because we didn't get a chance to test it. So at least some basic bluetooth support will be coming very soon.
    05-06-2011 10:54 AM
    Bluetooth is actually in the 1.0.13 release. Just commented out because we didn't get a chance to test it. So at least some basic bluetooth support will be coming very soon.

Ohhhhhh you are so right!!!! It does work! Thank you!!!

Just downloaded it and started using. So far great! Though it is interesting when you have it and your normal phone app running LOL!!! Both ring and you can only answer one. But it seems to be a very simple learning curve. Cant wait to try this in Europe!!! How does one get on your testing team, as I trust I will put it through its paces!
    05-06-2011 12:08 PM
    Ohhhhhh you are so right!!!! It does work! Thank you!!!

Just downloaded it and started using. So far great! Though it is interesting when you have it and your normal phone app running LOL!!! Both ring and you can only answer one. But it seems to be a very simple learning curve. Cant wait to try this in Europe!!! How does one get on your testing team, as I trust I will put it through its paces!
    Surprised it works. We commented out most of the code for bluetooth before 1.0.13 was posted since it wasn't tested. What kind of phone are you using? Glad it's working for you.
    05-06-2011 01:06 PM
    Surprised it works. We commented out most of the code for bluetooth before 1.0.13 was posted since it wasn't tested. What kind of phone are you using? Glad it's working for you.
    Sprint Epic 4G and a Rocketfish stereo bluetooth headset.
    05-06-2011 09:37 PM
    Would this app work on the Xoom? Any brave testers out there?

TJH
    05-07-2011 01:07 AM
    I have this ap on my lg optimus, it seems to work ok, the problem is when i signed up for my google voice number it is an 804, which i think is in cali? I could be wrong. I live in VA. Should i go ahead and sign up for a new google voice number etc?
    I use youmail too, I do miss the transcribing of google voice but it does get funny as well.

At least with youmail I can check it different ways.

Great app though. Keep up the good work
    05-07-2011 06:43 AM
    Would this app work on the Xoom? Any brave testers out there?

TJH
    We have a few people using the app on the Xoom. They tell me it works well (I don't personally have a Xoom) and have sent me a few suggestions. That's where the 'register as a dialer' change came from.
    05-07-2011 07:37 AM
    We have a few people using the app on the Xoom. They tell me it works well (I don't personally have a Xoom) and have sent me a few suggestions. That's where the 'register as a dialer' change came from.
    I was thinking about buying another copy for my Galaxy Tab to see if it worked. Unless you guys want me to test it for you ;-). Yes I am a cheap *******.
    05-07-2011 09:55 AM
    Finally got the updated version to work but the BT button is grayed out.
    05-08-2011 06:06 AM
    Finally got the updated version to work but the BT button is grayed out.
    Hi,

The currently posted version doesn't really have much BT support. We're testing BT now, and if it works, it will be included in an update sometime this week.
    05-08-2011 07:30 AM
    - Fix an issue that was causing choppy voice in the middle of calls on certain phones (LG Optimus)
    - Add an autostart option for the app to start when the phone starts
    - Add ability to turn off the notification icon
    05-08-2011 11:17 AM
    - Fix an issue that was causing choppy voice in the middle of calls on certain phones (LG Optimus)
    Got it loaded up on my Galaxy Tab, and will try it tomorrow. I am going to set up another account just for the Tab.

In other news, it works great over Sprints 4G network. Havent tried 3G yet, but will soon.
    05-08-2011 07:39 PM
    Got it loaded up on my Galaxy Tab, and will try it tomorrow. I am going to set up another account just for the Tab.

In other news, it works great over Sprints 4G network. Havent tried 3G yet, but will soon.
    Well I guess Sprint got wise to this. Both 4G and 3G will not register GrooVe IP now.

It does work on the Galaxy Tab!
    05-09-2011 11:19 AM
    Well I guess Sprint got wise to this. Both 4G and 3G will not register GrooVe IP now.

It does work on the Galaxy Tab!
    I ran into a similar problem today where I couldn't register on 3G. I think it was my phone's data connection got into a screwed up state. I stopped the app, put my phone in airplane mode for a few seconds, then out of airplane mode and restarted the app. That fixed it for me. Might be worth a shot. Or try restarting the phone.
    05-09-2011 09:09 PM
    I ran into a similar problem today where I couldn't register on 3G. I think it was my phone's data connection got into a screwed up state. I stopped the app, put my phone in airplane mode for a few seconds, then out of airplane mode and restarted the app. That fixed it for me. Might be worth a shot. Or try restarting the phone.
    OK..... this was a major durrrrrrrr moment. I didnt have Allow 3g/4g calling checked.

Sing with me.... if I only had a brain.......
    05-11-2011 11:58 AM
    I am on the verizon $50 messaging unlimited 4g data plan on the thunderbolt and this app is great because calls are 25c/min... I was using cspisimple and paying for a phone number but it was extremely laggy and ate through my already lacking battery life. groove ip has provided a much better and realistic solution that allows me to have a free incoming phone line!

An idea:
    I like the idea of removing the notification icon but would like to know if the app goes offline. seems like when i lose mobile data in elevator or stairwell the registration is dropped but does not restore until i unlock the phone and then I see the icon turn from red to green within a few seconds. Can we get a notification if the registration is lost so that we don't miss any calls? like a "notify on lost registration" check box. this would be really helpful... perhaps a custom tone and/or vibration? A notify on successful registration would be helpful as well so that if it auto registers once data is restored we get a beep?

many thanks for an awesome program!
    05-11-2011 12:56 PM
    I am on the verizon $50 messaging unlimited 4g data plan on the thunderbolt and this app is great because calls are 25c/min... I was using cspisimple and paying for a phone number but it was extremely laggy and ate through my already lacking battery life. groove ip has provided a much better and realistic solution that allows me to have a free incoming phone line!

An idea:
    I like the idea of removing the notification icon but would like to know if the app goes offline. seems like when i lose mobile data in elevator or stairwell the registration is dropped but does not restore until i unlock the phone and then I see the icon turn from red to green within a few seconds. Can we get a notification if the registration is lost so that we don't miss any calls? like a "notify on lost registration" check box. this would be really helpful... perhaps a custom tone and/or vibration? A notify on successful registration would be helpful as well so that if it auto registers once data is restored we get a beep?

many thanks for an awesome program!
    The icon should change to red when you lose registration. It's a periodic poll so it may not be immediate but it should be within a few seconds. Or do you mean some audible notification?

I was pretty impressed with the verizon 4g network. We tried using the app a few times on the Thunderbolt and I'd say that was the best call quality I've seen outside of WiFi.
    05-11-2011 01:30 PM
    OK..... this was a major durrrrrrrr moment. I didnt have Allow 3g/4g calling checked.

Sing with me.... if I only had a brain.......
    Glad it was an easy fix!
    05-11-2011 02:23 PM
    The icon should change to red when you lose registration. It's a periodic poll so it may not be immediate but it should be within a few seconds. Or do you mean some audible notification?

I was pretty impressed with the verizon 4g network. We tried using the app a few times on the Thunderbolt and I'd say that was the best call quality I've seen outside of WiFi.
    yes what i was requesting is an audible notification and option for vibrate. Im not a fan of the alwasy on notification, but I'm concerned that if I set the notification to be cleared or off that once registration is lost i will not know that i am not receiving incoming calls.

edit:
    I now see that icon will pop back up in red if registration is lost, however an audible notification would be great. ability to vibrate also would be even better.

btw... thanks for the quick response!
    05-11-2011 02:30 PM
    yes what i was requesting is an audible notification and option for vibrate. Im not a fan of the alwasy on notification, but I'm concerned that if I set the notification to be cleared or off that once registration is lost i will not know that i am not receiving incoming calls.

edit:
    I now see that icon will pop back up in red if registration is lost, however an audible notification would be great. ability to vibrate also would be even better.

btw... thanks for the quick response!
    Personally I like vibrate better than audible. But I can make it an option. Will write that down.
    05-11-2011 02:38 PM
    how about choose vibrate and or audible. either or both?
    thanks! I probably have a few more suggestions coming. Is this thread the best way to bring up issues/suggestions?
    05-11-2011 02:54 PM
    how about choose vibrate and or audible. either or both?
    thanks! I probably have a few more suggestions coming. Is this thread the best way to bring up issues/suggestions?
    Here or via email is good. I'm thinking I'll add a checkbox or dropdown for the audible/vibrate. So leave the current drop down. And then have a separate setting whether to notify via vibrate or audible also. Might toss in vibrate first since it's easy. Audible will require me to dig up a tone and figure out what length sounds good. But will get both in.

Actually could probably make the tone configurable too. Tone selection, by default silent. and a vibrate checkbox.
    theyownus likes this.
    05-11-2011 03:00 PM
    what is the difference between this and the google voice app?
    05-11-2011 04:19 PM
692 1234 ...