11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Help please! I've tweaked so many things that things just kept getting worse. I just reinstalled the app to delete all the tweaks and start from scratch again.
    My problem is (and has been) that the other person can barely hear me. Before I start doing it myself maybe you can talk me through the steps.
    Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
    Responded to your email
    12-31-2011 01:20 PM
    Help please! I've tweaked so many things that things just kept getting worse. I just reinstalled the app to delete all the tweaks and start from scratch again.
    My problem is (and has been) that the other person can barely hear me. Before I start doing it myself maybe you can talk me through the steps.
    Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
    Please post any improvements once you resolve the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    01-02-2012 06:47 PM
    Hi,

I was hoping that somebody here could tell me what settings they use for Groove IP on an Acer Iconia A500. I have the connections all set up and working (can make and receive calls), but I am having a terrible time with echos and distortion (on both ends....depending on how I change the settings). The closest I've come so far still does not eliminate the problem, but at least make both parties mostly understandable; however, the resulting volume on both ends is extremely low (like a whisper). I have seen various posts around the net saying that Groove IP works great on their A500.....I would really like to know what settings anyone with this tablet is using. I feel like I am close.....but just not quite there yet.

Thanks
    01-03-2012 07:51 AM
    Please post any improvements once you resolve the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    Well here I am to tell you that I'm still having a very hard time with this app . I have taken the sim card out of my Exhibit II and made calls through G IP connected to my WIFI at home. The first time I tried it I was so happy... everything seemed to work wonderfully. I then put the sim card in and used the 4G network also in my house. Things were good there too. I then tried using the app while driving (4G with full bars the whole way) and it was not good: echo, my voice cutting in and out, my voice sounded scratchy to the other person, their voice was choppy, etc. I tried some of the fixes in the app settings. But nothing really made a difference. I got back home and tried my old trick again, but I probably had changed so many settings that now nothing worked. I unistalled and reinstalled and haven't had much luck since then. Now I have new issues happening.... the connection to Google Voice is constantly logging on and off, for no apparent reason. The phone freezes to where I can't even terminate the (bad quality) call I'm in... very frustrating... if anyone has some words of wisdom please send them my way. This is happening both on WIFI and 4G at home
    01-04-2012 03:45 PM
    Hi,

I was hoping that somebody here could tell me what settings they use for Groove IP on an Acer Iconia A500. I have the connections all set up and working (can make and receive calls), but I am having a terrible time with echos and distortion (on both ends....depending on how I change the settings). The closest I've come so far still does not eliminate the problem, but at least make both parties mostly understandable; however, the resulting volume on both ends is extremely low (like a whisper). I have seen various posts around the net saying that Groove IP works great on their A500.....I would really like to know what settings anyone with this tablet is using. I feel like I am close.....but just not quite there yet.

Thanks
    I know on the Acer tablet people have had to enable the WiFi tablet checkbox. Believe it's under troubleshooting.
    01-04-2012 04:17 PM
    Well here I am to tell you that I'm still having a very hard time with this app . I have taken the sim card out of my Exhibit II and made calls through G IP connected to my WIFI at home. The first time I tried it I was so happy... everything seemed to work wonderfully. I then put the sim card in and used the 4G network also in my house. Things were good there too. I then tried using the app while driving (4G with full bars the whole way) and it was not good: echo, my voice cutting in and out, my voice sounded scratchy to the other person, their voice was choppy, etc. I tried some of the fixes in the app settings. But nothing really made a difference. I got back home and tried my old trick again, but I probably had changed so many settings that now nothing worked. I unistalled and reinstalled and haven't had much luck since then. Now I have new issues happening.... the connection to Google Voice is constantly logging on and off, for no apparent reason. The phone freezes to where I can't even terminate the (bad quality) call I'm in... very frustrating... if anyone has some words of wisdom please send them my way. This is happening both on WIFI and 4G at home
    If it worked fine the first time you tried I'd suggest going back to a clean install. Uninstall the app, restart the device then install the app. Try it on your WiFi network first. You may have to turn on Keep Screen Alive if your device is putting WiFi into a power saving state when the screen turns off. If you have any task killer or battery manager apps installed those can also interfere.
    01-04-2012 04:19 PM
    Hi, I have a Verizon 4g Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 SCH-I905. After I purchase the app i try to install it but it does not install the green bar indicating the installation just keeps circling I have left it like that for 10 minutes I don't know whats wrong its only a 1mb file.
    01-04-2012 05:57 PM
    Hi, I have a Verizon 4g Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 SCH-I905. After I purchase the app i try to install it but it does not install the green bar indicating the installation just keeps circling I have left it like that for 10 minutes I don't know whats wrong its only a 1mb file.
    I can't really help with download issues (you'd have to contact the market where you purchased). The only thing I can suggest is to try restarting your device to see if that fixes the issue in the market app and allows you to download.
    01-04-2012 06:16 PM
    I have groove IP app on Verizon RAZR. It works but there is a bad echo on the other phone when I call someone or they call me. I have tried all the suggestions to control echo including microphone gain that I know about and can not get rid of the echo although I can reduce it some. Any ideas? Anyone else have the RAZR and have good results w/o echo on the far end.
    01-05-2012 01:18 PM
    Hey guys please check out my kick starter page The App That Could Save Your Life! by Joseph Reilly — Kickstarter
    Thanks!
    01-05-2012 05:34 PM
    I have groove IP app on Verizon RAZR. It works but there is a bad echo on the other phone when I call someone or they call me. I have tried all the suggestions to control echo including microphone gain that I know about and can not get rid of the echo although I can reduce it some. Any ideas? Anyone else have the RAZR and have good results w/o echo on the far end.
    We actually test with a Razr. We enabled the Echo canceler on that device but didn't change the mic gain or speaker volume settings. You may have your device in-call volume higher than ours, so maybe try reducing the speaker volume in the app. Reducing just the mic gain can make the auto-detect echo canceler not work, in which case a manual setting would be better to use. If you're not using the echo canceler at all then a combination of lowering mic gain and lowering speaker volume should remove echo.
    01-07-2012 10:42 PM
    I tried searching a bit. I have 1 issue with this app and its the dialpad is laggy or unresponsive. When I have to select an option with the dialpad it can take up to a full minute to actually send the number i pressed(over wifi). I normally get a popup that says grooveIP is not responsive with options to wait or force close.

Samsung Fascinate, just wanting to know if there was any settings I could try?

Thanks in advance
    Matt
    01-09-2012 09:59 AM
    I have been having issues on my Nexus S device while on wifi since I upgraded to ICS. Call latency progressively gets worse and worse as the call goes on (my last call ended with ~5 seconds of latency). It appears that the phone is dropping packets or something, which may be causing this issue (I hear scratchy noises and the call cuts out for a slight amount of time). If I do anything in the background (such as a speedtest) the problem occurs much more quickly, but it will occur even if I do nothing except the call through groove ip. I do have the keep screen on option enabled.

Any ideas? I've tried a few of the different audio settings, but nothing fixes this. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then installing the most recent beta with the same results. Between this and the inability to adjust the call volume groove ip has basically become unusable.

I really love this app, and appreciate everything you have done! Thanks in advance!!!
    01-09-2012 09:36 PM
    I have been having issues on my Nexus S device while on wifi since I upgraded to ICS. Call latency progressively gets worse and worse as the call goes on (my last call ended with ~5 seconds of latency). It appears that the phone is dropping packets or something, which may be causing this issue (I hear scratchy noises and the call cuts out for a slight amount of time). If I do anything in the background (such as a speedtest) the problem occurs much more quickly, but it will occur even if I do nothing except the call through groove ip. I do have the keep screen on option enabled.

Any ideas? I've tried a few of the different audio settings, but nothing fixes this. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then installing the most recent beta with the same results. Between this and the inability to adjust the call volume groove ip has basically become unusable.

I really love this app, and appreciate everything you have done! Thanks in advance!!!
    Don't know what settings you have currently in the app. I know that changing the mic source to Android Default improved things in ICS, which is weird because VoIP is the new mic source specifically for VoIP applications, but it seems not to be working well in ICS.
    01-10-2012 11:32 AM
    I tried searching a bit. I have 1 issue with this app and its the dialpad is laggy or unresponsive. When I have to select an option with the dialpad it can take up to a full minute to actually send the number i pressed(over wifi). I normally get a popup that says grooveIP is not responsive with options to wait or force close.

Samsung Fascinate, just wanting to know if there was any settings I could try?

Thanks in advance
    Matt
    Haven't run into that before. Will take a look and see if there's anything that could trigger that.
    01-10-2012 11:33 AM
    Don't know what settings you have currently in the app. I know that changing the mic source to Android Default improved things in ICS, which is weird because VoIP is the new mic source specifically for VoIP applications, but it seems not to be working well in ICS.
    I had issues even with the default settings (after a fresh install). I was using the default microphone, but I will try Tue android default option, and see if that improves stuff.
    01-10-2012 11:46 AM
    The dialpad is fine when placing the call. Just during the call to select options its extremely laggy, most of the time the numbers dont even light up when pressed, sometimes the 1st number pressed will stay lit and wont unlight till when it finally sends the numbers
    01-10-2012 02:27 PM
    The dialpad is fine when placing the call. Just during the call to select options its extremely laggy, most of the time the numbers dont even light up when pressed, sometimes the 1st number pressed will stay lit and wont unlight till when it finally sends the numbers
    Can you email us? Might have to send you a build with logging to see where the delay is
    01-10-2012 02:39 PM
    I did email, I'll pm you the address
    01-10-2012 07:26 PM
    I had issues even with the default settings (after a fresh install). I was using the default microphone, but I will try the android default option, and see if that improves stuff.
    I just tried the default android microphone, and I had the same issue (I tried all other microphone options too). Any other ideas? I would really love to fix this!
    01-10-2012 09:42 PM
    I just tried the default android microphone, and I had the same issue (I tried all other microphone options too). Any other ideas? I would really love to fix this!
    What settings have you tried in the app? I'd first suggest increasing the mic gain to x-large and enabling Keep Screen Alive. If that doesn't help then I'd try Synchronize Voice. If still nothing then disable Synch Voice and enable Audio Processing. Odd thing is I just worked with someone else with a Nexus S and ICS. The only setting change they needed was to change the mic source to android default. Not sure what the difference is.
    01-10-2012 09:53 PM
    Version 1.2.14
    - Bug Fixes
    - Change auto selected mic for ICS to android default
    - Fix bug with bluetooth handset not disconnected when call is ended
    - Change default settings for LG Enlighten
    - App should display dialer instead of settings on first load
    - Allow higher speaker volume settings (previously the speaker volume in audio/echo had a max of 10, it is now 30)
    - Redirect help button to snrb Labs website instead of text help
    01-10-2012 09:57 PM
    What settings have you tried in the app? I'd first suggest increasing the mic gain to x-large and enabling Keep Screen Alive. If that doesn't help then I'd try Synchronize Voice. If still nothing then disable Synch Voice and enable Audio Processing. Odd thing is I just worked with someone else with a Nexus S and ICS. The only setting change they needed was to change the mic source to android default. Not sure what the difference is.
    I just uninstalled, rebooted, and installed the lasted version from the android market. I changed the microphone to android default, and still had the same issue. I tried each of the suggestions above, each with the same results.

I ran a logcat while making a call, and I noticed that as soon as the call starts the following message appears in the debug window. This message repeats until the call is ended, and displays at a rate of approximately 10-20 messages per second.

Code:
    E/dalvikvm( 2516): JNI ERROR: env->self != thread-self (0x11d1830 vs. 0x11269d0); auto-correcting
    E/dalvikvm( 2516): JNI ERROR: env->self != thread-self (0x11269d0 vs. 0x11d1830); auto-correcting
    E/dalvikvm( 2516): JNI ERROR: env->self != thread-self (0x11d1830 vs. 0x11269d0); auto-correcting
    E/dalvikvm( 2516): JNI ERROR: env->self != thread-self (0x11269d0 vs. 0x11d1830); auto-correcting
    01-10-2012 11:19 PM
    hi i have a nexus s4g and since the last update i cant hear anyone speaking....ive changed the accept call time and even pressed 1 but nothing seems to be working

any suggestions?
    01-11-2012 04:21 PM
    hi i have a nexus s4g and since the last update i cant hear anyone speaking....ive changed the accept call time and even pressed 1 but nothing seems to be working

any suggestions?
    Would suggest doing a clean install (uninstall the app, restart the device, then install the app) it could be something just wasn't installed properly. Are you running ICS? We changed one setting, the mic source from VoIP to Android Default. You can try setting it back to VoIP if you are running ICS.
    01-11-2012 06:39 PM
692 ... 2021222324 ...