11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I'm having issues with Bluetooth headset. Volume is soft and other end is not hearing me either.
    There's not really much I can suggest for bluetooth. The only api the app calls is a toggle to turn bluetooth on/off. You can try disabling bluetooth in GrooVe IP via the miscellaneous settings to see if it will work better without the app calling any api. You can also try increasing the speaker volume and mic gain settings when you are using bluetooth.
    02-02-2012 08:51 PM
    Just launched a new app a few days ago. The app, in conjunction with Google Voice, lets you make unlimited calls to any phone in US or Canada using the data connection of your mobile device without using up any of your mobile minutes.

Requires a free Google Voice account. For more information on Google Voice visit the Google Voice web site at http://www.google.com/voice.

The app is currently listed at $4.99

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.gvoip

I should mention that it works on both WiFi or 3G. We're always making updates, so if you have questions, run into problems, or want a new feature added please contact us!
    02-03-2012 02:05 PM
    Disregard. New Google Voice 4.2.44 and Groove IP 1.2.16 do appear to work together. After new install of both apps it may require that you exit and resign into Groove IP a second time for it to successfully dial out.
    02-07-2012 06:27 PM
    Hello, snrb_labs.

The new version of Google Voice 4.2.44 seems to have broken compatibility with Groove IP 1.2.16. Any chance you're working on an update? Thank you.
    Haven't noticed an issue with the new Google Voice app update. GrooVe IP doesn't use the Google Voice app at all. What kind of issue are you running into? Most common thing the Google Voice app does is change your call forwarding settings.
    02-07-2012 06:34 PM
    Haven't noticed an issue with the new Google Voice app update. GrooVe IP doesn't use the Google Voice app at all. What kind of issue are you running into? Most common thing the Google Voice app does is change your call forwarding settings.
    It was showing calling but did not ring after new install of both Google Voice and Groove IP. Anyhow, thanks for confirming that they do work together. I exited Groove IP then resigned in and it's dialing now. Appreciate the prompt response.
    02-07-2012 09:23 PM
    It was showing calling but did not ring after new install of both Google Voice and Groove IP. Anyhow, thanks for confirming that they do work together. I exited Groove IP then resigned in and it's dialing now. Appreciate the prompt response.
    Great, thanks for the update.
    02-07-2012 10:51 PM
    Hello there!

I'm having an issue with Groove IP, however wanted first and foremost say thank you for developing such a great program.

Here's my issue - my microphone no longer works in Groove IP (also tested w/ the new Vonage Mobile app, in which the mic does not work either). I have a rooted Incredible 2 running CM7. The mic was working when i first got the phone, as I've made successful calls with Groove IP & Vonage Mobile on this phone without issue.

At some point in time, the mic stopped functioning though. I've fiddled with nearly every troubleshooting setting in the app, to no avail. The mic still does not work (I can hear the person on the other end talking just fine though; they just can't hear me).

I'm not sure where to go from here. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app, restarted the phone; nothing has worked. Calls work fine from within the gmail app itself.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    -Dirk

(PS: Mic works just fine within Soundhound, so other apps seem to be able to use the mic properly).

Nevermind! No idea what the problem was, but after a reinstall, uninstalling Vonage Mobile, and fiddling with the echo settings, it works once again.
    02-21-2012 03:48 PM
    Hello there!

I'm having an issue with Groove IP, however wanted first and foremost say thank you for developing such a great program.

Here's my issue - my microphone no longer works in Groove IP (also tested w/ the new Vonage Mobile app, in which the mic does not work either). I have a rooted Incredible 2 running CM7. The mic was working when i first got the phone, as I've made successful calls with Groove IP & Vonage Mobile on this phone without issue.

At some point in time, the mic stopped functioning though. I've fiddled with nearly every troubleshooting setting in the app, to no avail. The mic still does not work (I can hear the person on the other end talking just fine though; they just can't hear me).

I'm not sure where to go from here. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app, restarted the phone; nothing has worked. Calls work fine from within the gmail app itself.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    -Dirk

(PS: Mic works just fine within Soundhound, so other apps seem to be able to use the mic properly).
    Responded to your email
    02-21-2012 04:34 PM
    Version 1.2.18
    - Add content descriptions for image buttons
    - Update tab labels to prevent scrolling on the Galaxy Nexus
    - New ability to add contacts from the recent call log
    - Add miscellaneous setting to auto answer a call after the first ring
    - Improve DTMF generation during a call
    - Fix in-call dialpad hanging on some devices
    - Echo canceler improvements
    - Remove "Read Logs" permission
    - Fix bug with in-call notification sometimes not showing while in a call
    03-03-2012 05:02 PM
    Hi, Tried looking thru the Forum but may have missed it. If I start a call on Wifi will the call switch over to my 4G data connection when I go outside the particular wifi hotspot area? Thanks
    03-08-2012 10:40 AM
    Hi, Tried looking thru the Forum but may have missed it. If I start a call on Wifi will the call switch over to my 4G data connection when I go outside the particular wifi hotspot area? Thanks
    If you switch networks during a call, the call will drop
    03-08-2012 11:06 AM
    Ok can someone help me out here as I am a bit confused.

I am going to Mexico in May....I run a Moving Company. Say my number 555-555-4444

I want to be able to call them and receieve my message when I have Wifi using Groove IP.

So with grooveIp would i just call my voicemail when I have Wifi and call them back using VoiceIP and it will be free corrrect?

Or should my Voicemail message to them be to call my Google number and leave a voicemail??

I am just a bit confused on how it works. Just want to be able to get voicemails that my clients leave me and return their calls. Thank you for all the info
    03-10-2012 06:37 PM
    anyone????
    03-11-2012 11:00 AM
    Ok can someone help me out here as I am a bit confused.

I am going to Mexico in May....I run a Moving Company. Say my number 555-555-4444

I want to be able to call them and receieve my message when I have Wifi using Groove IP.

So with grooveIp would i just call my voicemail when I have Wifi and call them back using VoiceIP and it will be free corrrect?

Or should my Voicemail message to them be to call my Google number and leave a voicemail??

I am just a bit confused on how it works. Just want to be able to get voicemails that my clients leave me and return their calls. Thank you for all the info
    Either way would work. If you have a number you can call to check voicemail you could call that with GrooVe IP when you had wifi and then call people back.

Or you could receive calls to your Google Voice phone number. But they'd only ring when GrooVe IP was signed in.
    03-11-2012 11:12 AM
    Tonight, I downloaded Groove IP Lite onto my LG Optimus T running Android 2.2.2 and I love the app except for one rather large glitch in the program. About 50-65% of my incoming calls do not connect. My Optimus T will ring, I will hit the answer button on Groove IP Lite, and Groove IP Lite displays the 'Connected...' message and starts the call timer as if the call had been connected. Only the call has not been connected, I hear nothing from my Optimus T's speaker and the phone making the call continues to ring as if I had never hit the answer button on Groove IP Lite.

This would be tolerable if it only occured with say, 5% of my incoming calls. But no, more than 50% of the calls I make to my smartphone running Groove IP Lite operate this way. I've read through the FAQ on the snrb website and have searched through some forums to no avail. What is wrong? Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
    03-14-2012 03:45 AM
    Tonight, I downloaded Groove IP Lite onto my LG Optimus T running Android 2.2.2 and I love the app except for one rather large glitch in the program. About 50-65% of my incoming calls do not connect. My Optimus T will ring, I will hit the answer button on Groove IP Lite, and Groove IP Lite displays the 'Connected...' message and starts the call timer as if the call had been connected. Only the call has not been connected, I hear nothing from my Optimus T's speaker and the phone making the call continues to ring as if I had never hit the answer button on Groove IP Lite.

This would be tolerable if it only occured with say, 5% of my incoming calls. But no, more than 50% of the calls I make to my smartphone running Groove IP Lite operate this way. I've read through the FAQ on the snrb website and have searched through some forums to no avail. What is wrong? Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
    Sorry that isn't in the faq yet. But there's a setting in the app troubleshooting settings called Accept Call Time. If you increase that value (default is 9) that should fix the issue.

Basically Google Voice requires you to press '1' to connect a call. The app tries to do that as long as you have Accept Calls on Answer checked. But it could be sent too quickly. The Accept Call Time will configure the delay between when you press answer and when the app sends the '1' automatically. You can also manually open the dial pad and press '1' after answering.
    03-14-2012 07:43 AM
    I'm having issues with finding a bluetooth headset that works normally with my Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800) when using GrooveIP. I bought a Plantronics m50 and it would not work at all with the app. I bought a samsung hm3700 and it will work at first, but then the ringing will start to become choppy and conversations are practically impossible. Is everyone else with different phones/tablets having the same struggles getting a bluetooth headset to work? Is there any known documentation on what headsets to use when using the app? Oh, and btw. Both of these headsets work perfectly with all other audio on my Galaxy Tab (pandora, podcasting, etc).
    03-17-2012 03:54 PM
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that might help?

Using GrooveIP via wifi, the call began with just a slight delay and little static, but deteriorated after about 50 seconds - the delay increased to over 10 seconds and static increased slightly. Using Talkatone, the call quality seemed the same but never deteriorated. I tried this several times just to make sure it was repeatable.

I'm pretty disappointed right now since I paid money for the app.

Phone-Samsung Exhibit II on T-mobile.
    Basic echo canceler, speaker volume -6, mic gain -10, keep screen on

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    03-19-2012 03:13 AM
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that might help?

Using GrooveIP via wifi, the call began with just a slight delay and little static, but deteriorated after about 50 seconds - the delay increased to over 10 seconds and static increased slightly. Using Talkatone, the call quality seemed the same but never deteriorated. I tried this several times just to make sure it was repeatable.

I'm pretty disappointed right now since I paid money for the app.

Phone-Samsung Exhibit II on T-mobile.
    Basic echo canceler, speaker volume -6, mic gain -10, keep screen on

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    First thing I'd suggest is just a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download/install the app again. I think the settings you have should be fine. If you still have issues please email us.
    03-19-2012 10:40 AM
    This just started happening to me at the end of last week. Prior to this, the sound quality has been almost flawless. I am running this on an Asus Transformer Prime with the latest updates.

UPDATE: Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall did the trick for me. It must be because there was a conflict of some sort after a recent update. Back to clear with no significant delays. Thanks!
    03-22-2012 01:22 PM
    This just started happening to me at the end of last week. Prior to this, the sound quality has been almost flawless. I am running this on an Asus Transformer Prime with the latest updates.

UPDATE: Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall did the trick for me. It must be because there was a conflict of some sort after a recent update. Back to clear with no significant delays. Thanks!
    Glad that helped, thanks for the update
    03-23-2012 10:09 PM
    No Audio. Installed groove ip lite to test drive
    can make calls but can't hear or be heard
    incoming calls are same

on a rooted droid x

uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail
    can make wifi calls on laptop w/ google chat
    played w/ settings to no avail

still nothing
    03-28-2012 05:07 PM
    No Audio. Installed groove ip lite to test drive
    can make calls but can't hear or be heard
    incoming calls are same

on a rooted droid x

uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail
    can make wifi calls on laptop w/ google chat
    played w/ settings to no avail

still nothing
    Any task killers or battery manager apps? Are you calling over WiFi or the mobile data connection? Also is your phone stock but just rooted? Or have you changed the rom? Some roms may not implement all of the audio apis properly which could cause no audio.

Also which version of the app do you have?
    03-30-2012 10:51 PM
    no task killers or batt apps, wifi only on calls, stock rooted(android ver2.3.3) system 4.5.602. Groove Ip Lite 1.0.2
    03-31-2012 03:58 PM
    no task killers or batt apps, wifi only on calls, stock rooted(android ver2.3.3) system 4.5.602. Groove Ip Lite 1.0.2
    Would check the firewall on the wifi network. The audio ports used by the app are configurable via the troubleshooting settings. Make sure those ports are open on the network. Otherwise you'll get no audio. You can also change the ports in the app to ones you know are open.

You may also want to try a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then install the app.
    04-02-2012 09:26 PM
692 ... 2223242526 ...