11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 262728
tools
    Here are the steps to reproduce:

Connect to wifi
    Receive a call in groove ip (i used skype to call my gv number)
    During the call, turn wifi off
    -The call drops (as expected) and groove ip is signed out
    -Phone connects to cell network
    -Groove ip signs back in
    Try calling gv number again
    -The call is not received in groove ip

It seems like after a dropped call, even though groove signs back in, it will not receive any more calls. I must exit groove and start it back up. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else able to reproduce it? A side note question, is it planned or even possible to support hand-offs for calls?
    I have the same issue with the latest version even if I'm not switching from WiFi to 4G and back. If I don't answer a call, or if it drops, then until I restart Groove IP it won't answer or allow me to call anyone else. In the latter case it lets me go to the dialer, brings up the person I'm calling as if it has dialed out, but then I don't hear anything and it times out. If someone calls it just sits there without acknowledging, but the call does go to Voicemail (which is how I learn about the call).
    Mr CcP likes this.
    10-15-2013 03:21 AM
    I have the same issue with the latest version even if I'm not switching from WiFi to 4G and back. If I don't answer a call, or if it drops, then until I restart Groove IP it won't answer or allow me to call anyone else. In the latter case it lets me go to the dialer, brings up the person I'm calling as if it has dialed out, but then I don't hear anything and it times out. If someone calls it just sits there without acknowledging, but the call does go to Voicemail (which is how I learn about the call).
    Hmm. Ill have to try later and see if I have this problem.

snrb_labs did reply to my issue via email. Basically it is a limitation of google voice. When a call drops it takes it a little while to recognize the call is dropped. In this time it will not recognize new calls. They said it should not be necessary to restart GIP. After a minute or so it should start receiving calls again. Will test later.
    10-15-2013 10:18 AM
    Your issue seems a bit different. I'd recommend first trying a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.
    10-16-2013 09:18 AM
    Your issue seems a bit different. I'd recommend first trying a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.
    Since that also forced an app update, I would presume that the process took care of the issue one way or the other :-)

Thanks!
    10-18-2013 07:34 AM
    Since that also forced an app update, I would presume that the process took care of the issue one way or the other :-)

Thanks!
    Glad it's working
    10-18-2013 04:05 PM
    What is going to happen with GrooveIP when Google stops allowing third party API access in May of 2014? Are you going to have a new "solution" which will allow us to continue using GrooveIP with Google Voice?
    11-13-2013 10:54 AM
    What is going to happen with GrooveIP when Google stops allowing third party API access in May of 2014? Are you going to have a new "solution" which will allow us to continue using GrooveIP with Google Voice?
    Unfortunately on May 15, 2014 calls through Google Voice will stop working. So on May 15, 2014 GrooVe IP will stop being able to make and receive calls. There isn't another API option for Google Voice. Right now we're focusing on other projects we've had in development and determining what our path forward will be.
    11-13-2013 12:05 PM
    I have enjoyed GrooveIP and am sorry to hear that it will be going away. Are any of your new projects VOIP related? Are any available now?
    11-13-2013 12:20 PM
    I have enjoyed GrooveIP and am sorry to hear that it will be going away. Are any of your new projects VOIP related? Are any available now?
    The one we've released recently is "Tether It". It's a tethering app that supports WiFi, USB and Bluetooth tethering without root. There's a free trial version and a paid ($2.99) version.
    11-13-2013 12:35 PM
    You can set the incoming SMS tone via the app miscellaneous->notifications settings.
    I'm running app from a metro samsung admire with gingerbread I have looked over and over and what you say is not there. I text mainly and it won't notify and I receive text with a horrible 30 minute delay help please
    02-21-2014 02:36 PM
    Hey...I purchased the app and I really like the concept. I'm having some troubles though. Whenever I call out, the call is always being routed to my speakerphone rather than to the earpiece. I've tried to audio routing hacks in the advanced settings and none of them seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Samsung Intercept
    Virgin Mobile
    Android 2.2.2
    06-14-2015 12:42 PM
    Hey...I purchased the app and I really like the concept. I'm having some troubles though. Whenever I call out, the call is always being routed to my speakerphone rather than to the earpiece. I've tried to audio routing hacks in the advanced settings and none of them seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Samsung Intercept
    Virgin Mobile
    Android 2.2.2
    Hey, sorry on the Intercept the only solution would be to root and use a custom kernel. Unfortunately the intercept has a bug in it's audio driver that Samsung never fixed, so the only solution would be the custom kernel.
    06-15-2015 08:40 AM
    Hi, I installed Groove IPLite a long while ago, I am in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and had no Issue with KitKat, Phone:Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505, 5.0.1,root build, but at the moment not rooted - I had to sign up again, because I lost my Login/US number Access, I signed up, all fine - but now the App will not work in any way, my Account is validated - the Notification I received is about IPv4 must be available, and that is definitely o. K., I checked both, WiFi and Telekom Provider (lebara), I am without any idea what I could do to make it work, my WiFi Connectivity I can manipulate, if I had any Suggestions, how-
    I am in a XS4All Network, with a Fritz Box 7360, with VOIP feature etc. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a Galaxy bug? I read, that the App will disappear, it's still possible to use it for Google Voice, with Google's Settings, I've a multiple Account and Hangouts Calls from Netherlands is expensive to Contacts everywhere on this planet, it is one of the coolest Apps for calling to North America, I'm disappointed and really like to use it, please help me, any Suggestions make me happy!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 01:10 PM
    Hi, I installed Groove IPLite a long while ago, I am in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and had no Issue with KitKat, Phone:Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505, 5.0.1,root build, but at the moment not rooted - I had to sign up again, because I lost my Login/US number Access, I signed up, all fine - but now the App will not work in any way, my Account is validated - the Notification I received is about IPv4 must be available, and that is definitely o. K., I checked both, WiFi and Telekom Provider (lebara), I am without any idea what I could do to make it work, my WiFi Connectivity I can manipulate, if I had any Suggestions, how-
    I am in a XS4All Network, with a Fritz Box 7360, with VOIP feature etc. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a Galaxy bug? I read, that the App will disappear, it's still possible to use it for Google Voice, with Google's Settings, I've a multiple Account and Hangouts Calls from Netherlands is expensive to Contacts everywhere on this planet, it is one of the coolest Apps for calling to North America, I'm disappointed and really like to use it, please help me, any Suggestions make me happy!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Generally that indicates either a setting issue on the device or a network issue. The dialog should have instructions on how to change the setting on your device. It's the apn protocol and apn roaming protocol in the android settings, just follow the instructions in the dialog. Otherwise, the other option would be to try a vpn app on your device such as Hotspot Shield. Or use a different internet connection.
    10-08-2015 07:57 PM
    What is voooip?
    11-15-2015 07:16 AM
    Looks nice, will check out
    11-16-2015 08:33 AM
    i download app.. nice) Thanks!
    11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 262728