11-16-2015 12:23 PM
692 ... 45678 ...
tools
    thanks I was going to have a homer moment ....."duh"
    No problem
    06-10-2011 06:52 PM
    snrb labs: i like your app, but i cannot receive INCOMING calls. i am not logged into gmail, set forwarding to google chat. is there a tutorial for settings? any reasons why i cant call out? i even tried with a fresh google voice #, but it didnt work. i have the latest version of groove ip

outgoing works (ignore the subject title, homer moment)
    06-10-2011 07:08 PM
    snrb labs: i like your app, but i cannot make outgoing calls. i am not logged into gmail, set forwarding to google chat. is there a tutorial for settings? any reasons why i cant call out? i even tried with a fresh google voice #, but it didnt work. i have the latest version of groove ip
    What kind of error do you get? Do you see a green GV notification icon?
    06-10-2011 07:09 PM
    What kind of error do you get? Do you see a green GV notification icon?
    my error. outgoing is ok, incoming doesnt work. tried logging out, forwrd to chat, fresh #, etc
    06-10-2011 07:12 PM
    my error. outgoing is ok, incoming doesnt work. tried logging out, forwrd to chat, fresh #, etc
    Rgr. Are you logged into google talk on the device itself? Also, it can take a few minutes for google to realize you're not signed in. So if you had been signed in on the pc it may take a few minutes before calls come to the app.
    06-10-2011 07:16 PM
    Rgr. Are you logged into google talk on the device itself? Also, it can take a few minutes for google to realize you're not signed in. So if you had been signed in on the pc it may take a few minutes before calls come to the app.
    I am not logged into google talk on my android. i waited for almost an hour to try to receive a call. any other thoughts? is there a tutorial on setup? i really want this to work.
    06-10-2011 07:58 PM
    I am not logged into google talk on my android. i waited for almost an hour to try to receive a call. any other thoughts? is there a tutorial on setup? i really want this to work.
    The steps are basically

1) Verify your google voice number (give them a regular phone number, automated system will call that number and ask you to enter a verification code)

2) Uncheck forwarding to the number you provided in the previous step

3) Check the checkbox to forward calls to google chat

4) Sign out of google chat/gmail/google talk in other locations

If you were using the same account with pbxes.org or another sip provider you have to remove that link otherwise calls may be sent there.
    06-10-2011 10:13 PM
    - Missed call notification
    - Work around to block spam google chat invite emails
    - Increase app priority so incoming calls are more likely to route to the app when signed in elsewhere
    - Show contact pictures in the in-call screen
    - Change default GrooVe IP Google Chat status to "Automated voice only GrooVe IP sign in"
    - Allow users to set GrooVe IP Google Chat status to blank
    - Fix an issue that caused phone's bluetooth state to reset when GrooVe IP signed out
    06-12-2011 10:34 PM
    Although I have gmail and google voice set up, I get "could not complete your call, please try again" when a number is dialed from Atrix. Also get message that GrooVe IP is not signed to google voice even though I select the sign-in. Any sugestions of what I am doing wrong?
    06-13-2011 03:32 PM
    Although I have gmail and google voice set up, I get "could not complete your call, please try again" when a number is dialed from Atrix. Also get message that GrooVe IP is not signed to google voice even though I select the sign-in. Any sugestions of what I am doing wrong?
    There's a section in the help in the app, did this not work?

If you receive an error saying "Could not complete your call, please try again" this could be either a temporary Google voice outage or a problem with your Google voice account. First, please make an outgoing call using Google Chat from Gmail on your browser (Call phones from Gmail - Official Gmail Blog). After one such call, GrooVe IP on your device should be able to make outgoing calls. Some other things that can cause this are if your language preference is not English, or if you have a gizmo number associated with your account, or if the Google chat email address listed in your Google voice account is not a gmail or google apps account.
    06-13-2011 03:36 PM
    Thank you very much. After making the outgoing call from google chat, GrooVe IP worked grea from my cell phone. Adding this to the Help screen would be good. Great program.
    06-13-2011 04:00 PM
    Thank you very much. After making a call from google chat, I was able to us GrooVe IP to make a call over the WiFi connected cell phone. This recommendation shouldbe added to the help screen. Great program.
    06-13-2011 04:03 PM
    Thank you very much. After making a call from google chat, I was able to us GrooVe IP to make a call over the WiFi connected cell phone. This recommendation shouldbe added to the help screen. Great program.
    The paragraph I posted is cut and paste from the help screen in version 1.1.6
    06-13-2011 05:03 PM
    So i purchased GrooVe IP and tried using it on my HTC TouchPro2 but the program always closes on me when i attempt to place a call. After dialing a phone number the program immediately closes out. Any fix for this? or did i waste $4.00.
    06-15-2011 10:55 AM
    So i purchased GrooVe IP and tried using it on my HTC TouchPro2 but the program always closes on me when i attempt to place a call. After dialing a phone number the program immediately closes out. Any fix for this? or did i waste $4.00.
    I'm not sure what's causing that. Restarting the phone or re-installing the app didn't fix it?

Shoot me an email snrb.labs@gmail.com. Can put together a logging build to send to you if you want to get it working. Or can refund/cancel your order.
    06-15-2011 11:01 AM
    Thanks for replying. Did a fresh install, played with all the options, reboot, got nothing. However, the GV icon at the top left did switch from red to green but closes after. I'll try a couple more things and get back with you.
    06-15-2011 12:24 PM
    I can make calls
    I can hear the phone ringing
    But .. as soon as the other party answers there is no sound. They can't hear me and I can not hear them.

Used to work just fine.

Any suggestions?

Peter
    06-15-2011 01:51 PM
    Same problem with the HTC Touch Pro 2 - app keeps crashing after opening. Let me know if you find a solution.
    06-15-2011 07:08 PM
    Those with HTC Touch Pro 2 and getting crashing. Does it crash when you open the app or when you try to make a call? Is it possible for you to email me a logcat with the crash? There's a free app catlog on the market that will let you collect the logcat.
    06-15-2011 07:17 PM
    I'm running Groove IP (with latest update) on a LG Optimus V and an Asus Transformer. Voice quality on both devices is garbled on both sides with incoming and outgoing calls using 3G or WiFi. I've tried changing the advanced settings and the suggestions on this thread and the LG one to no avail. I'm not logged into Google chat or voice either.

Is there anything else that can be done? I have no problem with Google Voice call quality on my desktop, laptop, or netbook PCs.
    06-16-2011 05:49 PM
    I'm running Groove IP (with latest update) on a LG Optimus V and an Asus Transformer. Voice quality on both devices is garbled on both sides with incoming and outgoing calls using 3G or WiFi. I've tried changing the advanced settings and the suggestions on this thread and the LG one to no avail. I'm not logged into Google chat or voice either.

Is there anything else that can be done? I have no problem with Google Voice call quality on my desktop, laptop, or netbook PCs.
    WiFi or 3G? What kind of connection? What troubleshooting features have you tried? Optimus shouldn't require any troubleshooting checkboxes.
    06-16-2011 06:00 PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply. WiFi is a 3mbps DSL connection through At&t and 3G is through Virgin Mobile. I've tried everything in troubleshooting..including reinstalling GrooveIP.
    06-16-2011 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply. WiFi is a 3mbps DSL connection through At&t and 3G is through Virgin Mobile. I've tried everything in troubleshooting..including reinstalling GrooveIP.
    Hey, sorry about to enter a movie. Don't want you to think I'm ignoring you. Will try and respond when I get home. Are you using both with WiFi or both with 3G? Or one WiFi and one 3G? Just trying to get a feel for your setup.
    06-16-2011 06:57 PM
    I've tried using both 3G and WiFi on both devices through both At&t and Virgin Mobile. The reason I bought the LG Optimums V was to use it as a WiFi hotspot for the Asus Transformer tablet and I could drop my At&t DSL service. Like I said, I can use Google Voice on my PCs through either provider with great voice quality but not with the GroVeIP app on either the phone or tablet.
    06-16-2011 09:53 PM
    I've tried using both 3G and WiFi on both devices through both At&t and Virgin Mobile. The reason I bought the LG Optimums V was to use it as a WiFi hotspot for the Asus Transformer tablet and I could drop my At&t DSL service. Like I said, I can use Google Voice on my PCs through either provider with great voice quality but not with the GroVeIP app on either the phone or tablet.
    I'm not really sure. I know the app works on both the transformer and the optimus. Optimus V shouldn't require any of the troubleshooting options either. Is it garbled in both directions or just in one direction?
    06-16-2011 11:17 PM
692 ... 45678 ...