- Fix outgoing calls due to new Google Voice namespace
- Add support for contact specific ringtones
- Change notification icon to indicate in-call state
- Add 'Next' and 'Go' to login screen keyboard
- Make license check more tollerant of Android license server errors

pacolococt

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thank you so much for fixing the Calling problem right away. I was going crazy early today trying to figure out what the problem was. This app is getting much better and thanks for constantly trying to improve it. I too will be happier when I don't have to use advanced wifi lock anymore and when Groove supports 2.2 for this but until then the current setup is fine. There is still a slight delay between when the person says hello and when I can hear them say hello while using 3G. This doesn't happen when using WiFi though. Any thoughts on fixing that? I have around a 1.2MB speed when using 3G so i don't think speed is the problem. Thanks again!

Josh H.

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.2.2:

- Fix outgoing calls due to new Google Voice namespace
- Add support for contact specific ringtones
- Change notification icon to indicate in-call state
- Add 'Next' and 'Go' to login screen keyboard
- Make license check more tollerant of Android license server errors

The update isn't available on the Amazon Appstore yet. Is that coming soon?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's very frustrating, sometimes I use Amazon to get something on sale but get burned in the end because of the slow publishing of the updates.

Yes. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. We posted the update to Amazon. But their internal review takes them a few days.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. We posted the update to Amazon. But their internal review takes them a few days.

Not your fault. Just venting that maybe the saving of a buck or two may not be worth the wait all of the time :)

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
And now Google has undone the change they made on Friday. So 1.2.2 won't work but earlier versions will. I posted 1.2.1 on our facebook page. Will be updated to 1.2.3 that will support either way in case they change again.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok version 1.2.3 has been posted to the android market. Supports both old and new namespaces so outgoing calls should work...again. Amazon still has 1.2.1 which should also be able to make calls.

alankeny

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the app this weekend for my Nexus One. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine, but the proximity sensor isn't working during a call. I use the sleep / wake button to control the screen manually. Is the proximity sensor on the Nexus One supported?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1.0-RC1. Could this be an issue with the experimental release of Cyanogenmod?

pacolococt

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what proximity sensor means but I'm guessing it has something to do with your ear next to the phone. A lot of times the screen doesn't go back on for me when I want to hang up which is annoying. I have the optimus v so its a completely different phone. Is that the problem you are having? I haven't thought about using the sleep/wake button that's a good idea.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the app this weekend for my Nexus One. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine, but the proximity sensor isn't working during a call. I use the sleep / wake button to control the screen manually. Is the proximity sensor on the Nexus One supported?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1.0-RC1. Could this be an issue with the experimental release of Cyanogenmod?

There's no documented way to turn off the screen. We use an undocumented api that's supposed to use the proximity sensor to turn off and on the screen. But it's not supported on all devices. Thought it worked on the N1, might be the rom, not sure.

alankeny

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I played with it for a while, and I think I got it fixed. On my N1 I had to turn the "keep screen on" setting on and then off again. Now the proximity sensor works correctly.

pacolococt

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried that trick but it didn't help my optimus v im still having problems getting the screen to come back on when i want it to so i can hang up. The sleep awake button isn't doing much either. I guess I can keep the screen on but I keep hitting speakerphone with my ear lol.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I played with it for a while, and I think I got it fixed. On my N1 I had to turn the "keep screen on" setting on and then off again. Now the proximity sensor works correctly.

I found some code that was causing Keep Screen Alive to be defaulted to true on some devices, but not updating the settings page. Next update should default to false for every device and be properly in sync with the settings page.

dspayde

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
This sounds almost too good to be true. Am I getting this right? With Groove IP and Google Voice, can someone use their Android phone and make calls from anywhere they travel that has a good WiFi signal? All this and NO need to set up service for travel with our providers....?

pacolococt

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
This sounds almost too good to be true. Am I getting this right? With Groove IP and Google Voice, can someone use their Android phone and make calls from anywhere they travel that has a good WiFi signal? All this and NO need to set up service for travel with our providers....?
That is correct. You download the app setup and setup a few basic options on Groove IP. You need a google voice account and need to forward the calls to Google Chat and not your cell. Someone calls your Google Voice number and it sends it through to your cell phone so that it rings just like if someone was calling your cell number. To make calls you select Groove IP instead of mobile network when it gives you that option. It's that simple. Calls are perfect on WiFi with a good signal and OK on 3G but there is a slight delay with 3G. The only thing that sucks is you are using a different number then your cell but its well worth it.