GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

jck_w

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am currently using both my Google Voice number AND my primary cell number. I want my Google Voice number to ring differently than my primary cell number. Now under the settings -> audio/echo settings -> Ringtone Override, I have selected a different ringtone than my regular phone's ringtone. Yet when I receive calls to my GV account, the normal ringtone rings not the one selected for the override. Can anyone help me out with this???

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am currently using both my Google Voice number AND my primary cell number. I want my Google Voice number to ring differently than my primary cell number. Now under the settings -> audio/echo settings -> Ringtone Override, I have selected a different ringtone than my regular phone's ringtone. Yet when I receive calls to my GV account, the normal ringtone rings not the one selected for the override. Can anyone help me out with this???

My guess is calls are going to your native phone instead of to the app. I'd suggest double checking your settings in Google Voice to ensure calls are forwarded to Google Chat.

Reactions: jck_w

DJ-VAN

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to have groove ip update my phone when its off if someone called me?

Scenario: Someone calls my Google Voice number when I don't have wifi or while it is off. If I log into my Google Voice account online it will show I missed a call- but if they didn't leave a message- there's no way to know if someone called my phone if Groove IP wasn't connected.

Is it possible to fix this? I use my tablet as a wifi phone and there are times I don't get wifi and miss calls. And I never realize it because they don't leave a message so it doesn't prompt a notification.

Ah n/m there's a setting for this in GV:
Missed Calls Place missed calls in the inbox

It still doesn't display on the notification bar though. Guess I'll just have it send me an email then to have it show on the notification bar.

Last edited:

franquis

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Help please! I've tweaked so many things that things just kept getting worse. I just reinstalled the app to delete all the tweaks and start from scratch again.
My problem is (and has been) that the other person can barely hear me. Before I start doing it myself maybe you can talk me through the steps.
Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Help please! I've tweaked so many things that things just kept getting worse. I just reinstalled the app to delete all the tweaks and start from scratch again.
My problem is (and has been) that the other person can barely hear me. Before I start doing it myself maybe you can talk me through the steps.

Responded to your email

slikkk

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Please post any improvements once you resolve the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

butlerbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I was hoping that somebody here could tell me what settings they use for Groove IP on an Acer Iconia A500. I have the connections all set up and working (can make and receive calls), but I am having a terrible time with echos and distortion (on both ends....depending on how I change the settings). The closest I've come so far still does not eliminate the problem, but at least make both parties mostly understandable; however, the resulting volume on both ends is extremely low (like a whisper). I have seen various posts around the net saying that Groove IP works great on their A500.....I would really like to know what settings anyone with this tablet is using. I feel like I am close.....but just not quite there yet.

Thanks

franquis

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Please post any improvements once you resolve the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Well here I am to tell you that I'm still having a very hard time with this app . I have taken the sim card out of my Exhibit II and made calls through G IP connected to my WIFI at home. The first time I tried it I was so happy... everything seemed to work wonderfully. I then put the sim card in and used the 4G network also in my house. Things were good there too. I then tried using the app while driving (4G with full bars the whole way) and it was not good: echo, my voice cutting in and out, my voice sounded scratchy to the other person, their voice was choppy, etc. I tried some of the fixes in the app settings. But nothing really made a difference. I got back home and tried my old trick again, but I probably had changed so many settings that now nothing worked. I unistalled and reinstalled and haven't had much luck since then. Now I have new issues happening.... the connection to Google Voice is constantly logging on and off, for no apparent reason. The phone freezes to where I can't even terminate the (bad quality) call I'm in... very frustrating... if anyone has some words of wisdom please send them my way. This is happening both on WIFI and 4G at home

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was hoping that somebody here could tell me what settings they use for Groove IP on an Acer Iconia A500. I have the connections all set up and working (can make and receive calls), but I am having a terrible time with echos and distortion (on both ends....depending on how I change the settings). The closest I've come so far still does not eliminate the problem, but at least make both parties mostly understandable; however, the resulting volume on both ends is extremely low (like a whisper). I have seen various posts around the net saying that Groove IP works great on their A500.....I would really like to know what settings anyone with this tablet is using. I feel like I am close.....but just not quite there yet.

Thanks

I know on the Acer tablet people have had to enable the WiFi tablet checkbox. Believe it's under troubleshooting.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Well here I am to tell you that I'm still having a very hard time with this app . I have taken the sim card out of my Exhibit II and made calls through G IP connected to my WIFI at home. The first time I tried it I was so happy... everything seemed to work wonderfully. I then put the sim card in and used the 4G network also in my house. Things were good there too. I then tried using the app while driving (4G with full bars the whole way) and it was not good: echo, my voice cutting in and out, my voice sounded scratchy to the other person, their voice was choppy, etc. I tried some of the fixes in the app settings. But nothing really made a difference. I got back home and tried my old trick again, but I probably had changed so many settings that now nothing worked. I unistalled and reinstalled and haven't had much luck since then. Now I have new issues happening.... the connection to Google Voice is constantly logging on and off, for no apparent reason. The phone freezes to where I can't even terminate the (bad quality) call I'm in... very frustrating... if anyone has some words of wisdom please send them my way. This is happening both on WIFI and 4G at home

If it worked fine the first time you tried I'd suggest going back to a clean install. Uninstall the app, restart the device then install the app. Try it on your WiFi network first. You may have to turn on Keep Screen Alive if your device is putting WiFi into a power saving state when the screen turns off. If you have any task killer or battery manager apps installed those can also interfere.

COokieIEAT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a Verizon 4g Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 SCH-I905. After I purchase the app i try to install it but it does not install the green bar indicating the installation just keeps circling I have left it like that for 10 minutes I don't know whats wrong its only a 1mb file.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a Verizon 4g Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 SCH-I905. After I purchase the app i try to install it but it does not install the green bar indicating the installation just keeps circling I have left it like that for 10 minutes I don't know whats wrong its only a 1mb file.

I can't really help with download issues (you'd have to contact the market where you purchased). The only thing I can suggest is to try restarting your device to see if that fixes the issue in the market app and allows you to download.

j j mac

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have groove IP app on Verizon RAZR. It works but there is a bad echo on the other phone when I call someone or they call me. I have tried all the suggestions to control echo including microphone gain that I know about and can not get rid of the echo although I can reduce it some. Any ideas? Anyone else have the RAZR and have good results w/o echo on the far end.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have groove IP app on Verizon RAZR. It works but there is a bad echo on the other phone when I call someone or they call me. I have tried all the suggestions to control echo including microphone gain that I know about and can not get rid of the echo although I can reduce it some. Any ideas? Anyone else have the RAZR and have good results w/o echo on the far end.

We actually test with a Razr. We enabled the Echo canceler on that device but didn't change the mic gain or speaker volume settings. You may have your device in-call volume higher than ours, so maybe try reducing the speaker volume in the app. Reducing just the mic gain can make the auto-detect echo canceler not work, in which case a manual setting would be better to use. If you're not using the echo canceler at all then a combination of lowering mic gain and lowering speaker volume should remove echo.

SpeedEuphoria

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching a bit. I have 1 issue with this app and its the dialpad is laggy or unresponsive. When I have to select an option with the dialpad it can take up to a full minute to actually send the number i pressed(over wifi). I normally get a popup that says grooveIP is not responsive with options to wait or force close.

Samsung Fascinate, just wanting to know if there was any settings I could try?

Thanks in advance
Matt

xur17

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues on my Nexus S device while on wifi since I upgraded to ICS. Call latency progressively gets worse and worse as the call goes on (my last call ended with ~5 seconds of latency). It appears that the phone is dropping packets or something, which may be causing this issue (I hear scratchy noises and the call cuts out for a slight amount of time). If I do anything in the background (such as a speedtest) the problem occurs much more quickly, but it will occur even if I do nothing except the call through groove ip. I do have the keep screen on option enabled.

Any ideas? I've tried a few of the different audio settings, but nothing fixes this. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then installing the most recent beta with the same results. Between this and the inability to adjust the call volume groove ip has basically become unusable.

I really love this app, and appreciate everything you have done! Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues on my Nexus S device while on wifi since I upgraded to ICS. Call latency progressively gets worse and worse as the call goes on (my last call ended with ~5 seconds of latency). It appears that the phone is dropping packets or something, which may be causing this issue (I hear scratchy noises and the call cuts out for a slight amount of time). If I do anything in the background (such as a speedtest) the problem occurs much more quickly, but it will occur even if I do nothing except the call through groove ip. I do have the keep screen on option enabled.

Any ideas? I've tried a few of the different audio settings, but nothing fixes this. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then installing the most recent beta with the same results. Between this and the inability to adjust the call volume groove ip has basically become unusable.

I really love this app, and appreciate everything you have done! Thanks in advance!!!

Don't know what settings you have currently in the app. I know that changing the mic source to Android Default improved things in ICS, which is weird because VoIP is the new mic source specifically for VoIP applications, but it seems not to be working well in ICS.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching a bit. I have 1 issue with this app and its the dialpad is laggy or unresponsive. When I have to select an option with the dialpad it can take up to a full minute to actually send the number i pressed(over wifi). I normally get a popup that says grooveIP is not responsive with options to wait or force close.

Samsung Fascinate, just wanting to know if there was any settings I could try?

Thanks in advance
Matt

Haven't run into that before. Will take a look and see if there's anything that could trigger that.