GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

cirehawk

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
To receive calls in GrooVe IP you need to forward calls to Google Chat

Thanks, that's what I was doing but it wasn't working earlier. It is now. Another question though. At work I have customers that are on two different PBX's. While some have numbers of (area code) 228-xxxx, others have numbers of (area code) 982-xxxx. Is there a way to configure GrooveIP so that whenever I dial a number within those ranges from my native dialer, it uses GrooveIP to dial?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I was doing but it wasn't working earlier. It is now. Another question though. At work I have customers that are on two different PBX's. While some have numbers of (area code) 228-xxxx, others have numbers of (area code) 982-xxxx. Is there a way to configure GrooveIP so that whenever I dial a number within those ranges from my native dialer, it uses GrooveIP to dial?

Hi,
You can use the inclusion filters in GrooVe IP. If it's certain contacts then you can just include them. Or you can setup a regex filter.

cirehawk

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
You can use the inclusion filters in GrooVe IP. If it's certain contacts then you can just include them. Or you can setup a regex filter.

Yeah, the inclusion of certain numbers is easy but it's not just certain numbers. So it looks like regex is the way to go but I've never used regex. I'm trying to do some crash learning from Youtube, but it may be a bit before I'm versed enough to make a working filter.

Edit: I've had success setting up a regex filter that filters on one prefix within the said area code. Now I just need to figure out how to combine the 2nd prefix (i.e. 982 OR 228).

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the inclusion of certain numbers is easy but it's not just certain numbers. So it looks like regex is the way to go but I've never used regex. I'm trying to do some crash learning from Youtube, but it may be a bit before I'm versed enough to make a working filter.

Edit: I've had success setting up a regex filter that filters on one prefix within the said area code. Now I just need to figure out how to combine the 2nd prefix (i.e. 982 OR 228).

I'm not the best with regex. We use this site to test any regex RegExr. A few examples that are close to what you want are (\+44|\+1|1|\+45)[0-9]+(?:\.[0-9]*)? will match anything starting with +44, +45, +1 or 1 and (\+90|05)[0-9]+(?:\.[0-9]*)? will match anything starting with +90 or 05

kgptzac

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently having a problem with voice quality over wifi. In my apartment I sit right by my router with full wifi signal. Whenever I make a call the other side sounds really choppy. Now if I switch to 4G connection the sound quality is much better. My network isn't congested when I tested so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the app handling wifi traffic that would cause degraded sound quality?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently having a problem with voice quality over wifi. In my apartment I sit right by my router with full wifi signal. Whenever I make a call the other side sounds really choppy. Now if I switch to 4G connection the sound quality is much better. My network isn't congested when I tested so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the app handling wifi traffic that would cause degraded sound quality?

Most likely something on your device is going into a power saving state. Try enabling Keep Screen On from the troubleshooting settings to see if that works.

ExtraE

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded GrooVE IP about a week ago. I made one phone call with no problem. It did seem to be draining my battery. Before I installed the app I was getting 18 hrs after the install it's less then 10 hrs. I decided to uninstall it until I had time to mess with the settings. With the app uninstalled it is like parts of the app are still there. What can I do?

Posted via Android Central App

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded GrooVE IP about a week ago. I made one phone call with no problem. It did seem to be draining my battery. Before I installed the app I was getting 18 hrs after the install it's less then 10 hrs. I decided to uninstall it until I had time to mess with the settings. With the app uninstalled it is like parts of the app are still there. What can I do?

Posted via Android Central App

When you uninstall the app there's nothing left of it on your device. We don't save anything to the sdcard.

itsbeensaid

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
First off I am poor. That being said -- I own a ZTE Z990G (merit?) Android version 2.3.5, running what I believe is Kernel.

I use Groove Ip Pro. I've toyed with all of the settings, experimenting with Troubleshooting, Mic, Speaker, Buffers, Screen Time outs, etc. Uninstall/Clear/Re-install from default settings. But my problem remains. As the call goes on both parties get further and further away (increasing DELAY up to 15-20 seconds). Absolute absurdity. Currently configuring my task/battery apps so that my screen stays active.. I need every little feature/setting that helps--I imagine my processor is to blame? Wifi signal is strong. I use Audio Processing, however with the Synchronize Voice doesnt seem to have any bearing on call quality/delay. Partial Wake Lock and High Perf Wifi Lock are ON, Airplane mode is on to ensure Wifis uninterruption. I've often had issues with no ear-piece sound (calls come from Side speaker next to the F'in mic)- So I use Audio Rerouting + Audio Mode Fallback (I even have a lite app called "earpiece" to ensure in-ear calls. PLEASE HELP..I'm only using this app because I cant afford to pay my phone bill. I'd keep using it if it werent so goddamn inconvenient. Help is appreciated.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
First off I am poor. That being said -- I own a ZTE Z990G (merit?) Android version 2.3.5, running what I believe is Kernel.

I use Groove Ip Pro. I've toyed with all of the settings, experimenting with Troubleshooting, Mic, Speaker, Buffers, Screen Time outs, etc. Uninstall/Clear/Re-install from default settings. But my problem remains. As the call goes on both parties get further and further away (increasing DELAY up to 15-20 seconds). Absolute absurdity. Currently configuring my task/battery apps so that my screen stays active.. I need every little feature/setting that helps--I imagine my processor is to blame? Wifi signal is strong. I use Audio Processing, however with the Synchronize Voice doesnt seem to have any bearing on call quality/delay. Partial Wake Lock and High Perf Wifi Lock are ON, Airplane mode is on to ensure Wifis uninterruption. I've often had issues with no ear-piece sound (calls come from Side speaker next to the F'in mic)- So I use Audio Rerouting + Audio Mode Fallback (I even have a lite app called "earpiece" to ensure in-ear calls. PLEASE HELP..I'm only using this app because I cant afford to pay my phone bill. I'd keep using it if it werent so goddamn inconvenient. Help is appreciated.

Hi,

Try increasing the speaker buffer size to large or x-large.

Teamer Connery

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
They have added text to groove ip. Big thank you... I don't need gvoice anymore. However it doesn't ring when I receive a text. I mean the incoming call ringtone setup works great but I see no option for a text ring tone....Help please

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
They have added text to groove ip. Big thank you... I don't need gvoice anymore. However it doesn't ring when I receive a text. I mean the incoming call ringtone setup works great but I see no option for a text ring tone....Help please

You can set the incoming SMS tone via the app miscellaneous->notifications settings.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I just started experimenting with groove ip and so far it is working great. Call quality is excellent (on my end at least; need to start testing with other people) and incoming calls ring quickly (faster than when the call is forwarded to my mobile number even). I have run into one glaring issue. I discovered the issue while experimenting to see if handoffs from wifi->cell network (or vice versa) were possible. While I understand hand-offs are not supported yet I discovered another issue. Sorry if this has already been posted, this thread is very long. Here are the steps to reproduce:

Connect to wifi
Receive a call in groove ip (i used skype to call my gv number)
During the call, turn wifi off
-The call drops (as expected) and groove ip is signed out
-Phone connects to cell network
-Groove ip signs back in
Try calling gv number again
-The call is not received in groove ip

It seems like after a dropped call, even though groove signs back in, it will not receive any more calls. I must exit groove and start it back up. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else able to reproduce it? A side note question, is it planned or even possible to support hand-offs for calls?

EwanG

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Here are the steps to reproduce:

Connect to wifi
Receive a call in groove ip (i used skype to call my gv number)
During the call, turn wifi off
-The call drops (as expected) and groove ip is signed out
-Phone connects to cell network
-Groove ip signs back in
Try calling gv number again
-The call is not received in groove ip

It seems like after a dropped call, even though groove signs back in, it will not receive any more calls. I must exit groove and start it back up. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else able to reproduce it? A side note question, is it planned or even possible to support hand-offs for calls?

I have the same issue with the latest version even if I'm not switching from WiFi to 4G and back. If I don't answer a call, or if it drops, then until I restart Groove IP it won't answer or allow me to call anyone else. In the latter case it lets me go to the dialer, brings up the person I'm calling as if it has dialed out, but then I don't hear anything and it times out. If someone calls it just sits there without acknowledging, but the call does go to Voicemail (which is how I learn about the call).

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with the latest version even if I'm not switching from WiFi to 4G and back. If I don't answer a call, or if it drops, then until I restart Groove IP it won't answer or allow me to call anyone else. In the latter case it lets me go to the dialer, brings up the person I'm calling as if it has dialed out, but then I don't hear anything and it times out. If someone calls it just sits there without acknowledging, but the call does go to Voicemail (which is how I learn about the call).
Hmm. Ill have to try later and see if I have this problem.

snrb_labs did reply to my issue via email. Basically it is a limitation of google voice. When a call drops it takes it a little while to recognize the call is dropped. In this time it will not recognize new calls. They said it should not be necessary to restart GIP. After a minute or so it should start receiving calls again. Will test later.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Your issue seems a bit different. I'd recommend first trying a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.

EwanG

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Your issue seems a bit different. I'd recommend first trying a clean install of the app. Uninstall the app, restart the device, then download and install the app.

Since that also forced an app update, I would presume that the process took care of the issue one way or the other :)

Thanks!

mike82346

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
What is going to happen with GrooveIP when Google stops allowing third party API access in May of 2014? Are you going to have a new "solution" which will allow us to continue using GrooveIP with Google Voice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar