GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As Takenover83 mentioned...New update is up!

- Proximity sensor support to turn off screen when held to face

Testing this on my EVO and the screen doesnt seem to turn off based on the proximity sensor with the newest version. Didn't see any option to enable this specifically so should it be working? I'm running CM7 on my EVO if that matters.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Testing this on my EVO and the screen doesnt seem to turn off based on the proximity sensor with the newest version. Didn't see any option to enable this specifically so should it be working? I'm running CM7 on my EVO if that matters.

You don't have keep screen alive checked by any chance do you? Cause that will override the proximity sensor.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You don't have keep screen alive checked by any chance do you? Cause that will override the proximity sensor.

If you are referring to the option in the troubleshooting section of the settings, no I don't.

Tested making a call through my regular dialer and the proximity sensor is working in that.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the option in the troubleshooting section of the settings, no I don't.

Tested making a call through my regular dialer and the proximity sensor is working in that.

I'm really not too sure. One of the phones that we tested on before release was an HTC Evo and the proximity sensor seemed to work. We'll try and dig into it and see why it wouldn't work for you. Very odd.

I do plan on making more enhancements to it. For phones that need the screen on, just putting up a lock screen instead of turning off the screen.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm really not too sure. One of the phones that we tested on before release was an HTC Evo and the proximity sensor seemed to work. We'll try and dig into it and see why it wouldn't work for you. Very odd.

I do plan on making more enhancements to it. For phones that need the screen on, just putting up a lock screen instead of turning off the screen.

I am running the latest nightly cyanogenmod 7 ROM. It is the one where they just implemented gingerbread 2.3.4. Maybe that has something to do with it.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am running the latest nightly cyanogenmod 7 ROM. It is the one where they just implemented gingerbread 2.3.4. Maybe that has something to do with it.

That might be it. We're still doing more work with the proximity sensor, so hopefully some of our later work will get it working for you.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
May I slip you guys a few bucks to move the bluetooth issue higher up on the list?? :D

Bluetooth is actually in the 1.0.13 release. Just commented out because we didn't get a chance to test it. So at least some basic bluetooth support will be coming very soon.

NCPictures

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth is actually in the 1.0.13 release. Just commented out because we didn't get a chance to test it. So at least some basic bluetooth support will be coming very soon.

Ohhhhhh you are so right!!!! It does work! Thank you!!!

Just downloaded it and started using. So far great! Though it is interesting when you have it and your normal phone app running LOL!!! Both ring and you can only answer one. But it seems to be a very simple learning curve. Cant wait to try this in Europe!!! How does one get on your testing team, as I trust I will put it through its paces!

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhhh you are so right!!!! It does work! Thank you!!!

Just downloaded it and started using. So far great! Though it is interesting when you have it and your normal phone app running LOL!!! Both ring and you can only answer one. But it seems to be a very simple learning curve. Cant wait to try this in Europe!!! How does one get on your testing team, as I trust I will put it through its paces!

Surprised it works. We commented out most of the code for bluetooth before 1.0.13 was posted since it wasn't tested. What kind of phone are you using? Glad it's working for you.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have this ap on my lg optimus, it seems to work ok, the problem is when i signed up for my google voice number it is an 804, which i think is in cali? I could be wrong. I live in VA. Should i go ahead and sign up for a new google voice number etc?
I use youmail too, I do miss the transcribing of google voice but it does get funny as well.

At least with youmail I can check it different ways.

Great app though. Keep up the good work

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Would this app work on the Xoom? Any brave testers out there?

TJH

We have a few people using the app on the Xoom. They tell me it works well (I don't personally have a Xoom) and have sent me a few suggestions. That's where the 'register as a dialer' change came from.

NCPictures

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We have a few people using the app on the Xoom. They tell me it works well (I don't personally have a Xoom) and have sent me a few suggestions. That's where the 'register as a dialer' change came from.

I was thinking about buying another copy for my Galaxy Tab to see if it worked. Unless you guys want me to test it for you ;-). Yes I am a cheap bastard.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.1.0

- Fix an issue that was causing choppy voice in the middle of calls on certain phones (LG Optimus)
- Add an autostart option for the app to start when the phone starts
- Add ability to turn off the notification icon

NCPictures

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
- Fix an issue that was causing choppy voice in the middle of calls on certain phones (LG Optimus)
- Add an autostart option for the app to start when the phone starts
- Add ability to turn off the notification icon

Got it loaded up on my Galaxy Tab, and will try it tomorrow. I am going to set up another account just for the Tab.

In other news, it works great over Sprints 4G network. Havent tried 3G yet, but will soon.

NCPictures

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got it loaded up on my Galaxy Tab, and will try it tomorrow. I am going to set up another account just for the Tab.

In other news, it works great over Sprints 4G network. Havent tried 3G yet, but will soon.

Well I guess Sprint got wise to this. Both 4G and 3G will not register GrooVe IP now.

It does work on the Galaxy Tab!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund