GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
App itself work great on the Asus Transformer.
BT headset sounds all "garble" but I understand it could be my BT earpiece itself.
Other than that I can make and received calls just fine, except can you imagined holding
a 10" tablet to your ear?:D

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
App itself work great on the Asus Transformer.
BT headset sounds all "garble" but I understand it could be my BT earpiece itself.
Other than that I can make and received calls just fine, except can you imagined holding
a 10" tablet to your ear?:D

:D ya I can imagine that wouldn't look too great

markkal123

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
using htc thunderbolt. rooted.
latest version of groove.

everything is as expected, EXCEPT recipients of my phone calls cant hear a dang thing. read through this thread and all suggestions don't seem to have any positive effect what am i missing?

thanks
mark

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
using htc thunderbolt. rooted.
latest version of groove.

everything is as expected, EXCEPT recipients of my phone calls cant hear a dang thing. read through this thread and all suggestions don't seem to have any positive effect what am i missing?

thanks
mark

Using WiFi? Or phone's data?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
tried it both ways and still no outgoing voice.

by the waay thanks for the speedy response.

mark

I'm not sure, you can try increasing the mic gain and see if that helps. Might want to also try the keep screen alive checkbox. I'm pretty confused, we test on a thunderbolt, don't think we've had to change any settings on it. Are you using a custom rom? Or just have root?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.1.4

- Improve call quality
- Fix an issue where extra spaces or lines in the username could cause registration to fail
- Fix registration failing when switching networks
- Add a config to disable audible dialpad tones
- Fix app randomly flipping between unregistered and registered (requires registration notification to be on)
- Fix an issue where Bluetooth, mute, and speaker-phone buttons reset if you navigate away from the call screen
- Improve DTMF digit generation

Dinosaurr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to open a call with someone on my contacts list sometimes the prompt will open and close very quickly so I have to do it multiple times to get it to stay open. I'm using a lg optimus v.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I try to open a call with someone on my contacts list sometimes the prompt will open and close very quickly so I have to do it multiple times to get it to stay open. I'm using a lg optimus v.

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what may be happening.

DarkRhino#AC

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I was using speech alert on my tablet, which does not have a native dialer being a wifi only tablet, and whenever i placed a call, the program speech alert would announce, "incoming call from ... (outgoing call)" Not exactly sure why that happened. So I disabled the speech alert.
Also, curious about blanking screen out. While using my phone, I had used the keypad a couple of times and did not close the keypad and when i placed the phone to my ear it selected a couple of numbers. Is there a way to blank the screen on purpose?

Using Enspert Idenity Tab and HTC Evo Shift

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was using speech alert on my tablet, which does not have a native dialer being a wifi only tablet, and whenever i placed a call, the program speech alert would announce, "incoming call from ... (outgoing call)" Not exactly sure why that happened. So I disabled the speech alert.
Also, curious about blanking screen out. I had used the keypad a couple of times and did not close the keypad and when i placed the phone to my ear it selected a couple of numbers. Is there a way to blank the screen on purpose?

Not sure about the program speech alert. We try and change the phone state to "in call" when you make a call, that may be what's triggering the alert.

The app should have proximity sensor support. But for devices where that isn't working, we're adding a screen lock to prevent those accidental presses.

fmz0507

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Caller ID picture and miss calls

Hi, thanks for developing this great app!!
only two things are missing in my opinion:
the caller pictures are not shown, and there's no miss call notifications.

trav06

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
One of the comments here or on another site said that incoming calls using GrooveIP over 3g are charged as minutes, outgoing calls are data. Is this true?

Thanks!

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
One of the comments here or on another site said that incoming calls using GrooveIP over 3g are charged as minutes, outgoing calls are data. Is this true?

Thanks!

No. I saw that someone put a comment saying that as a review for our app. They never contacted us, but I believe they had incorrectly set up their Google Voice account. If you have Google Voice set up to forward calls to your phone number then incoming calls will NOT go to the app and will go directly to your phone. That will use your minutes. To correctly set things up you have to configure Google Voice to forward calls to Google Chat and NOT your cell phone number.

It does state that in the help, but I guess I should put it in bold or something.

trav06

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
If you have Google Voice set up to forward calls to your phone number then incoming calls will NOT go to the app and will go directly to your phone. That will use your minutes. To correctly set things up you have to configure Google Voice to forward calls to Google Chat and NOT your cell phone number.

Thanks for the quick reply. In my case, I need to have my Google Voice number forwarded to my cell phone, so I'll just have to make sure I'm the one making the call or calling back so that I don't use minutes.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. In my case, I need to have my Google Voice number forwarded to my cell phone, so I'll just have to make sure I'm the one making the call or calling back so that I don't use minutes.

No problem. Hope you like the app. Feel free to email us with any questions, comments or feature requests.

g3max

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I purchased Groove IP in hopes of using it when I am in WiFi mode. I downloaded it and installed it. I do have a Google voice account that I have been using prior. When I try to make a call thru Groove IP it says that I am not registered with Google Voice. How do I correct this problem? What am I doing wrong? Your help is most appreciated.

Kevin

I am alright now. Somehow I entered spaces in the username. It seems to working now.

Last edited:

mbajoel

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Receiving person hears echo

I am testing out the app and have received feedback that the receiving person hears a bad echo of themselves talking,enough to be unusable. Is there are workaround or setting for this problem?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am testing out the app and have received feedback that the receiving person hears a bad echo of themselves talking,enough to be unusable. Is there are workaround or setting for this problem?

Enabling incoming and outgoing audio processing in the troubleshooting menu may help. Also reducing the microphone gain and speaker volume will help.