GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I purchased Groove IP in hopes of using it when I am in WiFi mode. I downloaded it and installed it. I do have a Google voice account that I have been using prior. When I try to make a call thru Groove IP it says that I am not registered with Google Voice. How do I correct this problem? What am I doing wrong? Your help is most appreciated.

Kevin

Hi,

It could be that the app is timing out trying to sign in. You can force the app to retry by restarting the app. We're adding a sign-in button to the menu to make that a bit easier. Or you anytime you enable/disable the "Allow 3G/4G calling" checkbox that will also trigger a re-sign in.

Reactions: g3max

g3max

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your prompt reply. I did resolve the registration problem. I have yet to enable 3G/4G calling on it. But I will try it today.

mcook1670

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've tried using this app on my sprint galaxy tab. So far the call quality has been horrible. I've tried adjusting the mic/speaker gain up and down to no avail. Ive tried using the trouble shooting feature,but it didn't do much to help. I have the moto h17 bluetooth. The person on the other end can't hear me, but I can hear them fine. please help

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using this app on my sprint galaxy tab. So far the call quality has been horrible. I've tried adjusting the mic/speaker gain up and down to no avail. Ive tried using the trouble shooting feature,but it didn't do much to help. I have the moto h17 bluetooth. The person on the other end can't hear me, but I can hear them fine. please help

We had one other person contact us with a similar problem. What they found was that google had assigned their google voice number to someone else as well. When they created a new account and number that resolved the problem for them.

mcook1670

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried setting up a new account,but there is no availiable numbers in my area, and Im trying to use my galaxy tab, so that number doesn't work. Any other suggestions. The app works fine over wifi.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.1.5

Version 1.1.5 is posted!

- Fix bluetooth state reseting when a call connected
- Enhancements to the contact menu
- Add a sign-in/sign-out menu
- Change the "always ask" option so that if app is not registered calls go through the mobile network
- Allow rotation to landscape (enable rotation from the miscellaneous menu)
- Display call time at hangup
- Enhance UI for tablets and large screens
- Add support for physical call/answer buttons
- New troubleshooting checkbox for tablets that can't play voice on their speakers

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have two Nexus ones. Only one has a SIM card. Both are working phones and configured with the same google gmail account and google voice number. I only have one SIM card and the other phone doesn't get used very much any more. It was formally the phone that got used all the time before I purchased the newer phone.

I just installed groove IP and I am not making much progress getting it to work on either phone. I havent tried to receive a call yet. I started with dial out and I can't dial out on either Nexus One. I am trying to dial out with just WIFI. I have a strong wifi connection and I assume no port blockage since its just a home router with defaults. I get the green dot, I dial the number, and then the phone will either hang or ring one time and then hang. Then I get the red dot until I sign in to groove again. Even though I hear the Nexus ringing the one time the dialed number does not also ring.

I have tried shutting down one of the Nexus ones at a time, not sure if this is necessary, but it made no difference. I did this not knowing if it mattered if both phones could share the same account and GV number.

I would really like to be able to use this second Nexus One which has no SIM card for calling since I only have one carrier account. I hope you can help get this working.

EwanG

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Currently I am using SipDroid and PBXes.org, but would certainly be interested in buying this app and dropping the $5.45/month SoHo account fee. However, before I do that I'd like to see if this will fix/address the following issues:

1) My phone is a Nexus One that I have removed the SIM from. To keep the phone from killing the battery trying to constantly search for a 3G/Voice connection even when there is a WiFi available, I have to turn on Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi. Airplane will "stick" if I reboot, but then I have to remember to turn on the WiFi every time. Would using this app allow me to not have to turn on airplane mode?

2) Related, but in Airplane Mode you can't dial from the contact list. If I would still have to leave Airplane Mode on, does this app have any way to import my Google contact list?

3) Last question - Does the app use any other service than just Google Voice? IOW, is there any API or service you are using that isn't Google native that might change it's policies some day (as PBXes did that required folks to pay to use it)?

Thanks - a prospective customer ;)

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this update fixes some.issues with bluetooth using droidx.

What I have now noticed is when the phone bluetooth is enabled the audio is routed thru the cars' (kia soul) mp3 channel on car stereo. This happens even when bluetooth on the dialer app is DISABLED. One would think that with bluetooth disabled in the grooveip app I would be able to hear thru the phone speaker but this is not the case. The only way to hear thru the phones' speaker (phone held to my ear) is to completly disable the phone bluetooth.

This is a pain since I listen to podcasts thru my car stereo. Once I disable the phones' bluetooth and then reenable it to listen to my podcasts and streaming radio I have to power cycle the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bukzin

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
no ringing

Hi,

Have Groove IP up and running. Making outgoing call fine.

When I dial my Google Voice number my Nexus One (Android ver. 2.3.4) does not ring (or show an incoming call)

I do have the latest Groove IP version and I think my Google Voice account is fine.

Any ideas to solve this?

Thanks

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
How come when I installed this app and also updated it AUTOMATICALLY SENT EMAILS TO MY CONTACTS SAYING "Jay <last name> wants to chat."and have links to google???

I don't think this was disclosed the app would do this. If its not the app then what is doing it?? My friend got this email multiple times both when I installed the groove ip app and the update this morning.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
How come when I installed this app and also updated it AUTOMATICALLY SENT EMAILS TO MY CONTACTS SAYING "Jay <last name> wants to chat."and have links to google???

I don't think this was disclosed the app would do this. If its not the app then what is doing it?? My friend got this email multiple times both when I installed the groove ip app and the update this morning.

Blocking/deleting invited contacts fixed issue for others. It is a gmail/google bug

"Turns out this is because I invited her to gmail and she is on my gmail chat list with "invited" status (you have to click down arrow in chat last and select "show all contacts" to see this). The emails stopped once I blocked her in the list."

[My Name] wants to chat emails sent many per-day from my GMail to mom's yahoo. - Talk Help

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

No such problems here and I've updated a few times already too.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Have Groove IP up and running. Making outgoing call fine.

When I dial my Google Voice number my Nexus One (Android ver. 2.3.4) does not ring (or show an incoming call)

I do have the latest Groove IP version and I think my Google Voice account is fine.

Any ideas to solve this?

Thanks

Hi,

Make sure in your google voice account you have calls forwarded to google chat. Also, if you're logged into google chat or google talk with the same account calls maybe getting routed there. Try logging out of chat/talk everywhere else, even on the device itself.

beeray

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I thought my problem of no incoming calls was solved but it isn't. Im signed out of talk and chat on my computer and phone but it still wont ring. Truthfully I give up!

ravanoel

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Connection Error "Please Try Again"

I've checked and rechecked the settings for this ap and google voice, I keep getting the Try Again error when I dial out. I've seen it mentioned that I must check Chat as my forwarding choice but, besides the fact that I haven't even gotten to Incoming calls yet, I don't have the Chat option to check in my Google Voice! I have two phones verified and unchecked but there is no option for Chat. I have no idea is this has anything to do with my being unable to make outgoing calls. I'm really only trying to use this ap to make outgoing calls from my home, where I have little or no cell signal. Help please?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've checked and rechecked the settings for this ap and google voice, I keep getting the Try Again error when I dial out. I've seen it mentioned that I must check Chat as my forwarding choice but, besides the fact that I haven't even gotten to Incoming calls yet, I don't have the Chat option to check in my Google Voice! I have two phones verified and unchecked but there is no option for Chat. I have no idea is this has anything to do with my being unable to make outgoing calls. I'm really only trying to use this ap to make outgoing calls from my home, where I have little or no cell signal. Help please?

Not seeing the option for Google Chat means your Google Voice account is not integrated with Google Chat yet. That is why you can't make outgoing calls either. Log into gmail on your pc with a browser and make one call with the "Call phone" option. That should get your account set up. Also, make sure your language preference in Google Voice is set to english.