AC Asks: What's your favorite Twitter client?

danbutcher

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
seesmic

I used Twidroid for quite a while, but I recently switched to Seesmic and love it. The interface is clearer, and I really like that I can use Seesmic on my desktop and my Android and have a consistent experience with my Twitter client.

timmattison

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Seesmic. Everything is nicely integrated, it's fast, and it supported multiple accounts right out of the box. I haven't found any reason to switch.

No_ID#AC

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all the clients, most notably HootSuite, Seesmic, Tweetcaster, Twidroid and Touiteur. I'm only down to two, at this point...Twidroid Pro and Touiteur. Tweetcaster looks too gimmicky and my beef with Seesmic and HootSuite is the big refresh button at the top of the timeline, taking up some prime real estate. Touiteur is my primary but I'm still holding on to Twidroid for a few features (i.e. profile and list management, as well as searching nearby tweets). Touiteur's developer is phenomenal and always responds to questions and requests. He is, by far, the most hands-on developer I've dealt with in the Market and each update is significant... for the better. Touiteur is still in its infancy and I plan to be around when it's matured to the top Twitter client on the Android platform.

Winner: Touiteur

ddhuyvet

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Twidroid but tossed it out for Seesmic.
I also tried the new Hootsuite Lite for Android but don't like it very much.
Twicca beta is also very nice but doesn't have multi account support, so isn't good enough for me.
And since Seesmic does everything iexpect from a Twitter client i'm not looking for another one.

buRlutA

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I use seesmic but I'm not totally happy because of the way retweets look like. I hope they will fix this because seesmic is the best for Android.

twcook

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I am still using twidroid pro; it's very capable, straightforward, and also, it works well with slidescreen which I'm using for my home screen. Actually I guess slidescreen is a twitter client too, but who's counting?

I have been keeping an eye on the new ones coming out, but for now nothing has been exciting enough to be worth the bother of switching.

Scott Edy

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Twitter client

I'v used a number of Twitter clients on my Hero but Twidroid iv found is the one for me. it does everything i need it to. unlike others it has not force closed on me or frozen. the Large widget works very well, it's never failed.

On another note. I demo my handset in work (CPW) a lot and its the one that customers have said looks the best and easiest. I have not had any customers come back and tell me of there experience of Twidroid but in my work no news is good news.

Twidroid gets my thumbs up and not just for the for mentioned reasons but also for the "after service". so few apps give you good solid updates and respond to your cries for help or general questions within the hour let alone the day.

I can not remember if i had to pay for it. but i would. no problem!

It will be the first app i install on my Desire!