Is there a ghost finding or evp app that actually works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You might want to clarify what you mean. What, specifically, are you trying to detect? Your device can't detect what it doesn't have sensors for.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Of course this would all depend on if ghosts are real, which is up for debate, but we'll assume they are. :)

For evp a standard voice recorder app should get the job done on any ghostly whispers. There are no"look there's a ghost!" apps that work (other than for ripping you off). But the tricorder app does let you detect magnetic fields if your phone contains that sensor. However a phone isn't the most precise thing in the world.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You have my personal assurance that the Tricorder app works as well as any other app in existence for finding ghosts.... :p

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why Ghosthunters hasn't made an official app yet? It could have a voice recorder, emf detector, and take pictures. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why Ghosthunters hasn't made an official app yet? It could have a voice recorder, emf detector, and take pictures. Seems like a no brainer to me.

As far as i am aware of, there are no phones in current existance that have the proper sensors to turn it into a EMF detecor. However, they can turn it into a good digital recorder to capture EVPS. That it can do

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So what about the EVO 3D?
Maybe someone can tweak the 3D camera into capturing images the eye cannot see.

miss-trinity

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've been looking through all the apps myself as it's a pretty cool/creepy subject and I've found an app called EVP analyzer that works great for this kind of thing, it costs about ?1.50 but I've had some unusual and amazing results e.g at the flat i've just moved from me and a few friends felt an eerie presence in the hallway so I decided to do a short recording, amazingly a male voice is heard at the end of the recording whispering 'help me,' I analysed the recording further only to hear a child's voice say 'who is it? i have it...hey...' I was a little confused by this so asked on a separate recording what the child meant by 'i have it' and the reply was simply amazing 'your card' which is funny because I'd searched high and low for it with no luck, long story short I cancelled my card only to find it re-appear in my bath tub 2 weeks later! for me this app has been nothing but great and has lots of features to use on your ghost hunts, an easy 5 stars from me.

HurtsBad

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had some great success with the ghost radar app. I pay no attention to the radar for the most part, but if you turn it on and wait about 10 or 15 minutes until it is fully up and running, you stand a great chance at having some communication with the other side. There is a warm up phase that often will spout out words that make no sense at all. And sometimes you will turn it on and get nothing for hours. To me this is a good thing. Getting nothing sometimes let's me know that the app is working properly and not speaking random words. I've been a paranormal investigator for many years and haven't really found another app for Androids that is as user friendly and gets results. (Other than some evp apps) I still prefer my professional equipment over an app any day but you work with what you got available at the moment and that's most always your phone. :)

PS don't forget to exit the radar when your done using it or it will run continually in the background and scare the crap out of you at night when it all the sudden starts saying things while your sleeping.

ardcorewalsh

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
(sony ericsson arc s) well iv tried EVP voices from play store it works very well just turn off wifi bluetooth and traffic dater so u dont get ads interupting you.. I thought it was just an app but when you get ones you have known speak to you and remind you of the past then you know this works and its real allso id recomend down loading audacity to relisen to you recording.

whitey469

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend anything for me? I'm looking to search a few places for paranormal activity.

Yes evp recorder in green and ultimate emf detector are the ones that I use
The ghost detecgor apps are a joke yo but if ur seriously wanting to communicate with anything use this these two apps they are genuine

Ralph Hoffmann

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Entity Sensor Pro is quite ok, but it usually uses the built-in magnetfield detector and accelerometer, which isn't quite "paranormal", but helpful in "offline" areas like basements, churches etc.
Personall I like the Ghost Box Radio with TTS EVP - it also has built-in EMF and accelerometer plus text-to-speech capability and is one of my favourites right now.

Kyla Lazaruk

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone recommend anything for me? I'm looking to search a few places for paranormal activity.

Ghost radio in Google play is legit but takes someone open to it..mabey even medium like.. But my neighbors have better readings with certain ghosts, the angry man connect better with my rocker neighbor downstairs and the female I cannot connect with at all connects with the neighbors teen daughter..I do not recommend using children ever! I salted and saged her b4 hand with permission of her father.. Using a wicken protective chant.. Children are most seceptible to spirts as they are open souls..stimulating a child's paranormal ability's is not okay and should not be done.this girl is a teen and I am a fairly strong and semi educated spirit handler with a mentiour of wicken descent next door. This app is legit, pls learn proper spirit edicate IE how to invite spirts,how to speak,patients,respect, and proper exiting language, proper defence and protection. For example being compitant in asking spirts to leave, salting and saging and basic home and being energy protection chants. I advise not to invite spirts into you home.. If u suffer with spirits already in your home you can move them out and continue too support them out side ur home..I have done this..many spirits are harmless and just want help and love..I believe spirts shouldn't be abolished only rehomed..shrines with things that they love and a candel lit out side of a barrier uve made by salting n saging your homes peremiter with home protection chant Will capture them again and u should stay in contact. Often contact made by the shrine is strong and so mind blowing. I've befriended a native spirit who was meant to roam free between worlds as an ambassadors to nature. He was stuck in our home, our plumbing to be exact.. And caused noise and harrased my cats..we though we had mice for a period if time till my one cat developed a hot spot on the back of its neck.. Hotspots are cause by licking but this spot is inaccessible for him to lick. I looked this up and found a few other cases.. Cats being haunted by low level spirits, picked on. Even my vet was dumbfounded. I discoverd he was being picked on by a female spirit who was angry and her energy attracted bad attention from the misplaced native spirit. I found out about the spirits by contacting one if those American medium phone in places.. It started out as reading for fun and the medium said there was another medium wanting to speak with me..I originally applied to this expensive but gifted medium. They OFFERD 10 free minutes I accepted as this mediums fee was 6.99 a minute American and I'm in Canada and the American dollar was 1.51 to our .80..this was expensive.. But the medium had me walk out side and walk the property. What I learned in the next 45 minutes was astonishing. The medium said its normally hard to receive spirts over the phone but I am sensitive to them and he read them through me.. I began to learn the main spirts, there intentions and personalitys. The medium could describe there apperence which helped me to decide wat they are like as I wait tables for a living and read ppl..well.. I based shrines later on based on there wardrobe.. Leather, animal fur and beads for " running bear " the native reliesed spirit. And lace and crochet and old coins for the wealthy more tortured and less reached female Caucasian spirit. I used this after a salted and saged my home peremiter..it worked but I am now emotionally invested in paranormal activity and assisting them find comfort weather that be going to the other side or finding there place in the dimensions.. Some once herd through the grape vine of my paranormal dabbling and said that " ghosts have better things to than to talk to me " this is opposite of the fact.. I prevent and defeat haunting by soothing these lost lonely souls...
With this being said there are many other legit apps for Android.. Just be careful...if it scares you ..stop

Ghost radio by exelerus AB

Lemme know what u think and I'm open to ur questions!

Sumthinclassy

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I recently downloaded ghost hunters with really no expectations.
I was living in the bath and had it on laying on the table next to the bath but wasn't looking at it.
I herd the noise which indicates a spirit is near.
I said ok who's here half way joking, when I picked up the phone to see what it said (because it types it out)....it said "BRAD"....well my partner BRAD passed away December 16th last year!!!!!! I needless to say freaked!! I him a question and it gave me a full on sentence answer!!!! I didn't know how to act!! It got quiet and I said talk to me! It responded with the word "talking"!! I responded that I couldn't hear him and it responded saying "fog!!"..... he was a police officer for 25 years and even made reference to something that happened to him at work!! Strangely I have always felt him close when I'm in the bath! But that BLEW ME AWAY!!! that was just last night!! I even screen shot it so my daughter could see it!! After I left the bathroom I started picking up things that obviously was not him!! Because they were saying evil things, so I told them to go away that evil spirits are NOT welcome here!! I've yet to try again today as that really blew my mind,!!

Tobias Claren

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

"Official"?

Is there an "official" set of devices?
Seriously meant question.
Wikipedia says that critics accuse that "ghost hunters" "misuse" measuring devices and have the "wrong methodology".
"misuse" means the critics know the "right" measuring devices?
And "wrong methodology" means the critics know the "right" methodology?!?

By the way:
There are USB DVBt-sticks with RTL2832U chip for under $10 from china (no shipping costs extra).
These can turn a smartphone into an SDR device. A graphic radio scanner.
A good app could integrate this.

But what is the "official" way?
This fast frequency changing, rotate the station knob and "hear for voices" or "sentences" seems interpretation, Coincidence.
You hear what you want to hear.

And why recording and play on a audio recorder, and not hearing the live recording with headphones?
For example, my digital audio recorder zoom h2n can play the recorded sound live by earphone.
Like this "spy" microphones from tv advertising in the 90s. Not with a dish, only a box with amplifier and microphone to listen to the neighbors through the air.
But stoping and play the last "x seconds" is inconveniant.
But this "field recorder" has very low noise (broadcasting/podcasting quality), and the 4 internal microphones (4ch surround) are good and sensitive.

As far as i am aware of, there are no phones in current existance that have the proper sensors to turn it into a EMF detecor. However, they can turn it into a good digital recorder to capture EVPS. That it can do

The magnetic sensor is not good enough?
What is the factor?
Do proper EMF detectors have other sensors?
There are "Gauss Meter" for displaying 0,X Gauss or µTesla.

For example, the Samsung Note 3 has a Yamaha YAS532 Magnetometer sensor:

Tri-axial geomagnetic sensor
I2C host interface
Wide dynamic range: ±1200μT (microteslas)
High resolution: 0.15μT (X, Y axes), 0.25μT (Z axis)

Power consumption: 4mA (when active), 1μA (on standby)
Active measurement time: 1ms
Operating voltage: 1.7 to 2.8V
Operating temperature: -40 to 95 degrees Celsius
Package size: 8-pin WLCSP, 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.65mm

Yamaha Tri-axial Geomagnetic Sensor Integrated Circuit, YAS532

"µTesla", not "V/M"... (?).

A cheap (under $10) RF meter has:
maximum reading low-frequency 1999V/M / High Frequency 1999¦ÌW/cm2. Level: low-frequency V/m, high-frequency: ¦ÌW/cm2. Measurement time intervals: 0.4 seconds.
Measure frequency range: low frequency: 50Hz-400 KHz, high frequency: 30MHz-2000MHz.

Practically would be a video camera app that this data (μTesla ...) Live in the video image "burns" or at the same time stores. You can also take pictures during the recording.

In a note-3 unfortunately only photo during 1080p. Not UHD (~ 8MP video).

Or a "jacket" with better sensors.
EMF/RF, better or mic-powered microphone(s), radio scanner, IR-Detector ("Motion sensor") and perhaps a IR-thermometer with laser pointer (thermal image would be expensive...).
All data could be live recorded with video and photos.

Last edited:

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
"Official"?

Is there an "official" set of devices?
Seriously meant question.
Wikipedia says that critics accuse that "ghost hunters" "misuse" measuring devices and have the "wrong methodology".
"misuse" means the critics know the "right" measuring devices?
And "wrong methodology" means the critics know the "right" methodology?!?

I was talking about the TV show. Like a licensed app.

cheetah gArZa

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
well hello . i been looking for a app to help me find out if it is a ghost in my house. we are experiencing some paranormal activity here. i had use ghost radar bc my 8 year old son ones told me it was a man sitting on the sofa and he was scared.by the way this is not my house is a friends appartment who let us stay with her for a few months ... to be honest i thoug this was a app just to have fun.. but no i was able to communicated with 4 differbt spirits but one day i end up talking to my bf grandmother and thats when he didnt like thi app and asked me to stop i write down everything she said and is related to a insident that happen with his family. i belive she trying to tell him something but hes scared. well i stop 3 weeks later we move to our appartment and later on he started experiencing wierd things now i see it too and is pretty crazy the problem here is that he things iam doing this that i have a animal or even a human been under or in between thr matress idk how to prove to him im not idk what this is now we know it has to be a spirit bc we already trow away 4 sofas and two beds bc there is where we feel the activity.. is like if is a snake insde the matress it moves like that or sometimes it seems like the damm matress is breading hard he even experience cold or hot air on his legs when hes sitting down on the sofa or on the bed.. he blame me for it, and is causing too much fights hes been acting different hes angry all the time i feel like he hates me. hes gone most of the time just for not to deal with this.. and he said hes going to be back when i stop
idk what it is how it got here and idk if there after me or him.. i work most of the time and when i come home im busy most of the time so i pay no attention to this like he does he experience way more than me i really need help before i loose my relathionship.. please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888