View Poll Results: What Twitter client are you using?

Voters
982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twitter

197 20.06%
  • Twicca

43 4.38%
  • Tweecaster

108 11.00%
  • Seesmic

108 11.00%
  • Teetdeck

258 26.27%
  • Twidroyd

68 6.92%
  • Plume

170 17.31%
  • Twitter's mobile site

2 0.20%
  • Hootsuite

6 0.61%
  • Other

22 2.24%
07-26-2011 01:35 PM
170 12345 ...
tools
    Plume all day
    05-03-2011 04:29 PM
    The twitter client works fine for me.
    05-03-2011 04:30 PM
    I primarily tweet so I use Tweetcaster. I like the simple layout, tabs, the ability to retweet with comment, shorten hyperlinks and zip tweeters whose comments I don't want to see.

I tried Tweetdeck but I am not a fan of the layout. It's like information overload to me and very confusing to use. I also don't FB very much anymore because I need to stay away from those time zapping social games. I don't need an app that combines Twitter and FB.
    05-03-2011 04:31 PM
    I've literally tried them all and always return to tweetdeck. Yeah some have their perks here and there but tweetdeck has a more complete feel. Just need more options for url shortener and photo service.
    05-03-2011 04:32 PM
    i voted Plume (touitteur) i grew to like the new name..been using it for about a year, since i got my droid 1. it's hard to go back to official twitter client after using plume.
    05-03-2011 04:42 PM
    After trying out many of the different apps available, I think Tweetcaster is the best for Android (I use a Motorola Xoom).

Well, what I actually like the best, much to my surprise after spending most of the past year tweeting primarily from my BlackBerry Official Twitter app (which, in my opinion, is the best Twitter app there is), is using the site with Google Chrome and some extensions. I love Slipstream and Hide the Guff, both of which have made the Twitter site and my stream much more readable.

Getting back to Android apps, Tweetcaster has the most aesthetically pleasing UI of the apps I've tried, and also the best functionality. Plume comes close, but the ads are weirdly placed in the free version of Plume, whereas in Tweetcaster, I find them almost unnoticeable. I like the multi-column side-to-side swipe layout of Tweetdeck, but I hate it's lack of functionality when it comes to managing lists, searching for people, or tweeting @ someone. Tweetcaster, like the BlackBerry app, suggest @s as you type, which I find immensely helpful. It's one of the #newtwitter changes I quite like (although on the site it's only the 500 most recently followed, whereas, to my knowledge, in the apps it's everyone you follow).

Anyway, I hope Twitter buying Tweetdeck is a good thing - I just want a Twitter app that has, say, all the current functionality of the BB app or Tweetcaster PLUS filters. After using Slipstrem in Chrome, I hate opening up any app for Twitter!
    05-03-2011 04:43 PM
    Tweetcaster is what I use because of the customization and I love the widget that it comes with!
    05-03-2011 04:44 PM
    Tried tons of apps and used Plume for a long time. Recently though I switched over to Twicca and I'm not going back. Twicca is so fast, I love it it's so minimalistic!
    05-03-2011 04:51 PM
    Mine is HTC peep.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    05-03-2011 04:52 PM
    I used to use Peep but now I switch between Hootsuite and Twicca. I like both pretty equally for what they do. Twicca is clean and all Twitter while Hootsuite has Facebook and I can use it on my laptop as well.
    05-03-2011 05:14 PM
    I like using Tweetdeck for 2 reasons.
    1. It was the first app I used for tweeting
    2. It allows me to multitask by posting to Facebook & Google Buzz

I am a total noob to android as of 8 months now, and I love it. I have an HTC Desire, and as we all know there isn't a lot of space for apps. So I rely on a lot of apps that do more than one thing to save space.
    05-03-2011 05:16 PM
    I use Tweetcaster Pro.

Been using Android for just over 2 years now and have tried quite a few. The first one I tried was Twidroyd which i thought was fantastic but over time I think i've tried everyone that is on that list.

Tweetcaster Pro for me is the best. Aesthetically pleasing, really good ui, and set it to a dark theme and it looks fantastic. It's also very quick at alerting you when you have a reply or DM.

If I weren't using Tweetcaster, I would probably be using Twicca, I tried that too, and it's a very neat and tidy app. As for the official Twitter app? It's awful.

As for Tweetdeck? I love it on my PC (think it's the best PC Twitter program around) but just couldn't get used to it on my Android Phone.
    05-03-2011 05:23 PM
    I used to be a die hard Twidroyd fan. Then broken update after broken update after broken update pushed me to Plume. Plume is very clean, easy to use, and works very good.
    05-03-2011 05:26 PM
    So Tweetdeck seems so popular here, I just downloaded it and tried it. Any particular reason that there seems to be no setting that will show you the time stamp of the tweets in your timeline?

Do you really have to open up every tweet in Tweetdeck to see WHEN it was sent? Please tell me I am missing some setting somewhere, otherwise WTF?
    05-03-2011 05:52 PM
    generally I just use the Feeds and Updates widget from Samsung, but when I want to link something or comment on a retweet I use TweetCaster
    05-03-2011 05:56 PM
    So Tweetdeck seems so popular here, I just downloaded it and tried it. Any particular reason that there seems to be no setting that will show you the time stamp of the tweets in your timeline?

Do you really have to open up every tweet in Tweetdeck to see WHEN it was sent? Please tell me I am missing some setting somewhere, otherwise WTF?
    Look at the top of the app and it will show you the timestamp of the tweet currently at the top of the screen. It will change as you scroll through the timeline. (see red arrow in pic below)

dsignori likes this.
    05-03-2011 06:10 PM
    Twicca & Plume.... best apps for twitter. Nicest UI's and have all the goodies....
    05-03-2011 06:14 PM
    I take back my former vote... PLUME people PLUME!!! Multiple accounts and everything else under the sun that you could think of concerning twitter.... AMAZING!!!
    05-03-2011 06:26 PM
    Plume is my primary app of choice followed by the official Twitter app.

Plume's interface, widgets, and conversation threading always have me coming back.
    sent from an HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    05-03-2011 06:31 PM
    I use Tweetcaster pro for Twitter and Tweetdeck for Facebook.
    05-03-2011 06:34 PM
    Look at the top of the app and it will show you the timestamp of the tweet currently at the top of the screen. It will change as you scroll through the timeline. (see red arrow in pic below)

Thanks. That is somewhat better, I suppose (being able to see a single tweet's timestamp at one time).
    05-03-2011 06:40 PM
    ISSIMO
    05-03-2011 06:43 PM
    Using Twydroid now but I noticed some issue with the a persons profile picture that they aren't always correct so I think I'm going back to Plume.
    05-03-2011 06:47 PM
    I really liked Twidroyd and used it for a long while, but their Facebook integration was poor. Moved to Tweetcaster and really like, fast and reliable.
    haha I don't even remember what Twidroyd was like it was so long ago that I used it. I never really cared for the facebook integration, I stopped using my facebook, too much drama. lol
    05-03-2011 06:48 PM
    I used to use Tweekdeck all the time, but lately (about a month now) I have been using Plume. I must say that it has the best Widget that I have tried over Twidroyd, Tweetdeck and Tweetcaster.

It's clean and very feature enriched. If you haven't tried it I recommend you do. I have been using the free version because I do not find the ads intrusive. I may purchase the ad free version in the next month or so to support the company if nothing new happens with Tweetdeck.
    05-03-2011 06:49 PM
170 12345 ...