Battery monitoring app

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've got some runaway process on my phone which is eating up my battery like crazy. I have a Thunderbolt, so I know battery isn't fantastic for most people, but after different ROMs and kernels I was getting through a day just fine. Today, I was at 30% by 3:00 in the afternoon. I went in to my battery use setting and "Android System" is using 9%. I was wondering if anybody knew of an app that will actually show what apps are using this power, because I'd REALLY like to get rid of the offending app.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The ones I use are System Panel, Quick System Info and Battery Monitor Widget. System Panel for example has a monitoring mode where you can see app activity over time (under the History tab)..

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
SystemPannel and Battery Monitor Widget are what i use to see what apps are running, using the CPU and get battery usage info.
Battery Monitor Widget should work just fine on HTC devices but on Samsung they are still trying to get the raw current mAh usage data figured out.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 apps that may help. The first one is Elixir. It will breakdown all you battery info, such as consumption, temperature, uptime and what each app is using batterywise among other things. The other is Battery Status by Modded Logic. Shows you everything you'll need to know about the battery and allows you to see it in your notification bar.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just outa curiosity... Do battery usage apps/widgets report their own battery consumption?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm actually curious about it.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Just outa curiosity... Do battery usage apps/widgets report their own battery consumption?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm actually curious about it.

That is a good question. It depends on the particular battery app. There are some battery apps that just siphen too muxh battery life because of the way the program accesses information. I know Battery Status is the only one that I have used that doesn't eat your battery. But for the most part, they don't really indicate the consumption of that particular app or widget.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for recomending Elixir. When i had my EVO i used BatteryMonitor Widget and it rocked. Unfortunately BatteryMonitor Widget and Elixir do not show the mAh consumption on the Samsung EPIC. The creator of BatteryMonitor Widget explained to me that Samsung either does not report the true comsumption or its burried so deep he just cant find it.