I recently install a CCTV, and to be able to monitor via a smartphone remotely I need to install an app. My question is, can the CCTV app steal data from my mobile banking ? Or is my mobile banking app safe from a possible hack by my CCTV app installed on the same smartphone ? Does installing product such as Kaspersky Internet Security help to minimize the hacking ? While I understand pretty much everything can be hacked these days in the world of spionage, the context I am asking is as general public, is it safe enough for us the general public. Thanks !
    07-12-2017 10:04 PM
    Welcome to the forums. For your first question, yes, but highly doubtful. Banking apps are, or you shouldn't be using it, two party verified and quite secure. In theory the CCTV app could steal your login info, but again, I would think that highly unlikely. Does the app come from the Play store? If so, good, if not, I would be very critical of the company that developed it. Could be fine, but worth checking. Kaspersky could identify malware/virus probably, but apps like that are not infallible. To your last question, yes, IMO. And, you're welcome.
    07-12-2017 10:11 PM