[APP REQ] Catalog/Collection/Inventory/Seller Software Barcode/ISBN lookup

twolostminds

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
This is my first post here on AndroidCentral and I had an application idea that may prove quite lucrative for anyone who can create it.

Recently a relative approached me asking to help catalog and inventory our deceased cousins library of more than 30,000 books. She loved to read and was apparently a bit of a hoarder as well.

I asked some friends who had large collections of DVD's, CD's, Book's, etc and also a few book hunters and owners of independent book stores for software suggestions to help me with this somewhat intimidating task before me.

Just about everyone suggested the same program ASellerTool 5.2 It uses the Dell X51/X51v and a bluetooth barcode scanner to enter books into a database to create catalogs, inventories and even creates exports for selling on sites like Amazon. I would prefer to use my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G or purchase a Galaxy Tab or other Android Tablet to get the job done rather than buy outdated equipment. I have contacted ASellerTool and while they are working on an Android compatible package they say that it will be crippled compared to their WinMo 5.0/6.0 package.

As application inventors what is your opinion? Is this possible?

twolostminds

May 4, 2011
Visit site
::BUMP::
No interest??
Basically it is a program that can scan barcodes via camera and through a bluetooth handheld scanner. Pull information from a free lookup service like Biblio.
Pull prices from Amazon (they offer this service for free)
And create a database or comma delimited text file of the inventory/catalog.

Too complicated for me but after seeing some of the complex programs created here I'm sure someone can do it. Not asking for someone to do it for free. Would be willing to either pay or work out a marketing arraignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos