A couple of weeks ago, I read an article (or forum post) where somebody tested their battery life using a third-party timer application.

They would start the timer, leave their phone in "never sleep" mode overnight (until the battery drained), and then somehow get the time at which the phone shut itself down.

For the life of me I cannot find that article again.

Any idea what app could be used for something like this? Does anyone know of a timer / clock application that will somehow save its last "time/status" when the phone shuts down?

Thanks!
    05-05-2011 06:53 AM
    That app doesn't ring a bell with me either. But you could use "Battery Left". It tracks your battery charge remaining and keeps track of the time off the charger. You could set it to Recalibrate and then let your device drain. It will track the time it took for your battery to go from 100% - 0% (not exactly zero, but to the point where your phone shuts down). Its fairly accurate. If your use from day to day is fairly consistent, it does a good job of predicting how long your battery will last. Of course if you decide to stream a two hour movie and play three hours of Angry Birds it doesn't matter. If you calibrated it during a light usage session, the readings will be way off.
    Patrick M. Kelly likes this.
    05-05-2011 10:25 AM
    Thank you... will definitely give that a try!

I must be one of the few people in the world who has never played Angry Birds. :-)
    05-06-2011 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD