05-08-2015 07:27 PM
73 123
tools
    a bit OT but yeah as far as android has come there are nuances.

Screen capture without root should be built in to the OS for all devices.
    I'm not sure if it's Android or additional programming in the phone (Skyrocket) put in by Samsung or AT&T, but my phone does it. I touch home and push the power button simultaneously and the screen is captured.
    11-23-2011 01:35 PM
    Go SMS FTW
    doc69 likes this.
    11-23-2011 02:56 PM
    Does go allow me to touch a picture sent to me and give me quick options of what to do with it? My old iphone 3G did this and I just figured that's how all touch screen phones today work.

factory Messenger: you receive pics as movies that you can't even zoom.

Handcent: much better, but to save a pic, you have to:
    1) exit the pic
    2) go to the menu
    3) select more
    4) select Save MMS
    5) check the pic from the list of other pics in the conversation
    6) go to the menu again
    7) select copy.

Wow that's a lot to do. The iphone went like this:
    1) go to the menu
    2) select save
    ....that's it.

How much is involved to save a pic from a message viewed in Go SMS?
    11-23-2011 04:00 PM
    Thanks to all for a great thread and the information given! An Android newb like myself surely can find this thread useful!!!!!!
    11-25-2011 05:41 PM
    All I hit from Chomp SMS is save and it gives me options to save an image or share via Twitter, FB, etc.
    11-25-2011 07:12 PM
    i used handcent sms but now i return to with stock sms
    11-26-2011 07:10 AM
    i used handcent sms but now i return to with stock sms
    How much do they charge to get the ad free version of Chomp? (I couldn't find the figure on their web page...)

<TED>
    12-10-2011 04:36 PM
    I think it's like 2.63 via paypal. Excellent cs btw
    12-10-2011 04:48 PM
    I think it's like 2.63 via paypal. Excellent cs btw
    Well that's certainly reasonable!

Thanks,
    <TED>
    12-11-2011 02:53 AM
    Do these apps allow a notification repeat until I respond to the message?
    12-16-2011 03:04 PM
    Do these apps allow a notification repeat until I respond to the message?
    While I do not use it, Chomp does - assuming you mean an audible notification (there is an icon in the notification bar for unread messages in any event and there is a widget that shows the number of unreads you have in the application icon which I do use). Just how effective the ongoing audible notification is I don't know since I don't use it - the icon in the notification bar and the widget is enough for me).

Regards,
    <TED>
    sweaner likes this.
    12-17-2011 02:17 AM
    Thanks. I keep my phones on vibrate at all times, and I cannot miss messages.

One further question. do these apps allow customized vibration alerts for SMS like Smart Vibrator does? If not, will Smart Vibrator work with them? If anyone could test this, it would be much appreciated!
    12-17-2011 10:43 AM
    which one will let me respond from the lock screen in ics on my evo design?
    08-03-2012 02:32 PM
    I love chomp but on my device no dice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 02:37 PM
    which one will let me respond from the lock screen in ics on my evo design?
    Any of them will. You must set the sms program as default (when it asks). Then go into settings / manage apps / find Text Messaging, then click it and click disable. This will allow go sms or other texting program to show on the lock screen.
    08-04-2012 03:49 PM
    On my S3 I use handcent but lately it doesn't download or send mms or its delayed. Stock is OK on my 4.3 but I don't think it lights up screen. Anyone else having issues?
    tennislvr8 likes this.
    08-05-2014 02:18 PM
    I've used Handcent for years! LOVE IT! Until recently. Some of the things I see people complain about on here can be fixed in settings. You can change the color and see what it looks like before you commit to it. You can also have it split up your messages for you AND number the order in case it gets sent out of order. The order being scrambled happens in NYC because of the buildings or being in the subway. While Handcent sends it in order 1/3 may not go right away but then 2/3 may catch a signal long enough to pop out ...etc. Anyway people find its nice that the texts come in with a number so they know which one to read first. RECENTLY google changed something which screwed up using Handcent, to the point that I switched back to the stock program for awhile! It seems to finally have been worked out... but sometimes I don't get a text someone sent me and sometimes they don't get mine. OR I'll get their text a few hours later and vice versa. I was thinking about trying Chomp but after reading you can't see the date or time someone texts you well... that won't work for me. I have to know if a text was from last week or this week or if I forgot to delete an old one, if it was from a month ago! I get texts regarding the upcoming week and if I can't see dates then I'll be so freakin confused... I do find Handcent has an issue with sending large texts or pics (it resizes them) but I'm also not connected to mobile data all the time. If I see something needs to be downloaded I have to turn on my data and let it download and it takes awhile. Of course I'm in NY so you can't judge the time it takes because my signal gets messed with between the buildings, older thicker walls in buildings, elevators, subways and I work close to the U.N. so I swear there are times they cause interference with the signal.

Anyway I would consider trying Chomp if you can see date/time for each text. Handcent was really good with no issues for years and that major glitch that Google caused seems to have been almost fixed but I can't do almost. If I find something that's not glitchy I'll try it . Handcent has been a little glitchy for most of this year. I can't miss a text by a client and an employee of mine can't miss a text from me. I can't afford a screw up that will lose me a client.
    12-19-2014 11:04 PM
    I just sent back to chomp because I don't like hangouts now. You absolutely can set date and time. Depends on theme. See attached image using a Christmas theme.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Chomp SMS vs. Handcent SMS.-screenshot_2014-12-20-06-14-29.jpg  
    12-20-2014 05:16 AM
    While I do not use it, Chomp does - assuming you mean an audible notification (there is an icon in the notification bar for unread messages in any event and there is a widget that shows the number of unreads you have in the application icon which I do use). Just how effective the ongoing audible notification is I don't know since I don't use it - the icon in the notification bar and the widget is enough for me).

Regards,
    I use chomp love it and yes after you get a text from someone you can set the sound so it will keep going until you open that text from that person, you would long press that text in the conversation list and you can then set it so it would keep sounding until you open text message from that person even if you open a other text from someone else, the person that you set sound for would keep going hope that helps you
    01-08-2015 10:23 PM
    I recently downloaded chomp as handcent wasnt working with facebook picture sync. I was wondering how do I get it to work on chomp as it is also not working? I try clicking in the settings menu to download them but it loads for a few seconds, stops and then nothng happens, no photos...? (using sony xperia z3 compact)
    05-05-2015 09:05 PM
    I use chomp love it and yes after you get a text from someone you can set the sound so it will keep going until you open that text from that person, you would long press that text in the conversation list and you can then set it so it would keep sounding until you open text message from that person even if you open a other text from someone else, the person that you set sound for would keep going hope that helps you

I recently downloaded chomp as handcent wasnt working with facebook picture sync. I was wondering how do I get it to work on chomp as it is also not working? I try clicking in the settings menu to download them but it loads for a few seconds, stops and then nothng happens, no photos...? (using sony xperia z3 compact)
    05-05-2015 09:06 PM
    Facebook changed their api again and I have the same issue on my note 2

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2015 09:24 PM
    You probably have to look for the setting or write to them their great on answering email I don't do Facebook sync I just have pics from my address book
    05-08-2015 07:27 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD