Hi Guys,

I've recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Google Pixel XL.

I have my work email set up on the Note 4 using what I assume is Samsung''s default email client.

But on the Pixel XL where I am using Microsoft''s 'Outlook for Android' App, I am repeatedly prompted to re-enter my password everytime I open it.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Outlook app because when I switched on my old Note 4 today and clicked on the (Samsung?) email app all my emails were there and I wasn't prompted to re-enter anything.

Can anybody help please?

07-24-2017 12:51 AM
    Yes , Hotmail had deteriorated since Microsoft took it over. In any case, go to the help section on the email client and they should fix it for you...
    07-24-2017 12:56 AM

I did try that but their Support Centre advised me to delete the work email account from the app and start again. But it's still happening.

Given I never had this problem with the Samsung email client, could you suggest another email app that I can use on the Pixel instead please? Because perhaps you're right about Hotmail having deteriorated?

07-24-2017 01:23 AM
    I have Hotmail for any junky type email and Gmail is my main one...
    Everything Microsoft puts their grubby hands on turns to crap!
    07-25-2017 10:14 PM
    I also had issue with my s8+ with outlook. Worked fine for about a month, then the dreaded login loop started and even after uninstalls, reset account in the app just as support requested, , outlook would send me right back to the login prompt. Such a pia. Had to uninstall from s8+. Right now I can't sync calendar to outlook on s8+, I have to use my lumia 950.
    07-30-2017 07:50 PM
    Update, was able to get outlook.com calendar sync using the android stock calendar app. Go to manage calendars, add account, exchange, use eas.outlook.com as server. And bam, u have calendars from your outlook.com. syncs both ways. Got a message from outlook in email saying that to use android, click link to authorize. Glad I can get my calendar back on android again.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    08-03-2017 08:46 AM