Hi - I'm a new Android developer and would like to get your feedback on my first app, Connection Checker.

Description: If your Wifi or Mobile connection drops out all the time, Connection Checker will let you know when your network is down and will try to fix it.

Use it when you have crummy Wifi connections or when your mobile connection disconnects too often.

The current market version of Connection Checker uses in-app billing for some features, but I'm going to be releasing a full paid version shortly. I've included the apk for the paid version below. Any feedback you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Jeremy

PS: This thread used to be in the Optimus V forum, but this area seems much appropriate: [Old Thread]

Market link for the free version:

Market link to Pro (paid app):

Beta Pro version: (beta 1.0.11)

Changelog:

v1.0.11
    * You can now select between toggling Airplane mode and toggling just the mobile connection. (This only works on 2.2 and older devices).
    * Added option to stop check when Bluetooth is enabled.
    * Improved some translations
    * Reliability fix for Toggle Airplane (and mobile)

v1.0.10
    * Major reliability improvement - much more accurate connection check

v1.0.9
    * Added support for Japanese and Korean in app

v1.0.8
    * Initial Release
    Bigtuna00 likes this.
    05-07-2011 01:48 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out and try to leave some feedback for you.
    Lunacy1134 likes this.
    05-07-2011 03:56 PM
    Mornin! Did anyone have any trouble? I'm going to publish!
    05-08-2011 07:12 AM
    Sorry for two updates in one night, but I really wanted to get this into your hands for some feedback. This version now allows you to toggle your 3G/Mobile connection instead of toggling airplane mode. (Due to restrictions in Gingerbread, this only works in Froyo and older)

Also, I've added an option to do nothing when Bluetooth is enabled. This is not perfect, but again, the API doesn't have support for detecting if any bluetooth devices are actually connected. There are some hacks to work around this that I'll look at a little more.

Thank you again for all your help and feedback!
    Jeremy

Beta Pro version: (beta 1.0.11)

Changelog:

v1.0.11
    * You can now select between toggling Airplane mode and toggling just the mobile connection. (This only works on 2.2 and older devices).
    * Added option to stop check when Bluetooth is enabled.
    * Improved some translations
    * Reliability fix for Toggle Airplane (and mobile)

v1.0.10
    * Major reliability improvement - much more accurate connection check
    05-20-2011 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD