Hi I was just wondering if any knows if Androidzoom is a reputable site to download some apps from. there are a couple apps that used to be on the marketplace that aren't anymore that are over at androidzoom.com and I wanted to go get them, but i'm hesitant because i've never used any source for apps other than the market. I just got a new phone and want those apps back, and this is the only place I can seem to find them.
    05-07-2011 03:36 PM
    Appbrain and Getjar are good alternatives. Never heard of the one you posted. Also, Amazon has an app marketplace now.. not sure if you'll find the app there.
    05-07-2011 09:41 PM
    I've visited AndroidZoom but haven't downloaded anything via their site.

I do know that some 3rd party search sites (like Androidzoom) will list apps that were available at one time but, they aren't in the market anymore.
    05-07-2011 11:13 PM
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure AndroidZoom is the same kind of site as AppBrain. While they're not an actual separate markets (like many seem to think), they're just a portal to the actual Android Market itself. The difference in search results being that AppBrain and Zoom search all apps without filtering your device/OS version. Usually, if the market filters out your device or OS version and the optional portals don't, then the app from the portal has a lesser chance of being compatible with your device.
    05-08-2011 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD