Google Keep

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
My notes on Google keep are not opening. When you tap them they seem to open but stay the same size and are unreadable. I'm on Oreo on a Google pixel. I'm sure the os is the culprit but it's anyone else noticing this?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Pixel XL on Oreo (developer preview/beta until last night; released version today) and Keep memos are working just fine here.

Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Just tried with no luck. I wonder if its a smaller Pixel issue. I also reinstalled it with no luck. I use Keep quite a bit so it's a bummer. Hopefully they'll sort it out with an update?

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
No luck. I use this app a lot for work and might have to revert back to Nougat until its fixed. I guess that's expected with a new os. I might try a clean install of Oreo before I go back.
@jbreaker Did you perform a clean install of Oreo?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Any luck with this? Just discovered the same problem on my Oreo Nexus 5X...

Hey, for what it is worth -

I use a Pixel XL as my daily device and also have a 5X that I use as a bike computer. An hour ago, I joined the 5X to the O beta program as a means to force it to upgrade from 7.1.2 to 8.0.

Having done that, I can report that Keep works just as well on the 5X under Android Oreo as it did under 7.1.2.

jbreaker

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So, I did not do a clean install - I upgraded through the beta program exactly like N4Newbie described. But odd that it's working there? I did all the usual stuff - clear data, un/re-install...

But... I did find that on my device, if I open a note, then rotate the device so the screen rotates, it will expand the tiny note into a normal window, and that will persist when the screen rotates back. Kind of a pain, but if it works for you it may save you a rollback until maybe there's a fix or a patch.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow that works! It is a pain but sometimes I really need to get into my notes for work. Hopefully there's a fix soon- it just doesn't seem like many people are having the issue.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, I did not do a clean install - I upgraded through the beta program exactly like N4Newbie described. But odd that it's working there? I did all the usual stuff - clear data, un/re-install...

But... I did find that on my device, if I open a note, then rotate the device so the screen rotates, it will expand the tiny note into a normal window, and that will persist when the screen rotates back. Kind of a pain, but if it works for you it may save you a rollback until maybe there's a fix or a patch.

Raising an interesting question:

My "default" view - that is, the way I normally hold my phone - is portrait. So, when I open a Keep note, you can be assured that the phone is in portrait orientation. In fact, I rarely rotate to landscape for anything other than games or streaming TV/video.

So, for you guys having trouble with Keep, do you typically open notes in portrait mode, or landscape?

jbreaker

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Same here - always in portrait. The quick rotate to landscape just opens the note normally.

Also, bug persists after a Keep update last night, so... that.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I was going to ask if anyone had developer options enabled and, if so, to try turning them off temporarily...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech