Greetings. I'm new to Android and was surprised to find that Miracast is not a standard on the phones. I have several Miracast dongles that will now only work with my PCs. Any suggestions on apps that would allow me to cast to a Miracast device? I have a Moto Z2 Force plus we have a Moto Z2 Play and a Moto G5 Plus in the house. Looking forward to your suggestions!
    08-24-2017 02:45 PM
    AllCast should do the trick. There are quite a bunch of apps in the PlayStore that can do this, to be honest.
    08-24-2017 02:51 PM
    AllCast should do the trick. There are quite a bunch of apps in the PlayStore that can do this, to be honest.
    I took a look in the store and saw a lot of apps, buy most complained of intrusive ads and the connection cutting out after a few minutes. How has your experience been with AllCast? Really disappointed that the device can't do it natively.
    08-24-2017 03:11 PM
    I took a look in the store and saw a lot of apps, buy most complained of intrusive ads and the connection cutting out after a few minutes. How has your experience been with AllCast? Really disappointed that the device can't do it natively.
    Just FYI, those phones don't have Miracast natively (like the Z Force and Z Play) because Moto uses stock Android and Miracast is not part of stock Android. Not saying I agree with that, just the reason why your phone don't have it.
    08-24-2017 03:17 PM
    Every Samsung device I have dating back to 2012 can connect to my Miracast devices, I had no idea that wasn't a part of standard android.

Just one more reason for me to stick with Samsung over stock I guess.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-24-2017 03:27 PM
    Just FYI, those phones don't have Miracast natively (like the Z Force and Z Play) because Moto uses stock Android and Miracast is not part of stock Android. Not saying I agree with that, just the reason why your phone don't have it.
    Being new to the platform, I wanted to go with an uncluttered version of the OS. Plus I tend to drop my phone so the shatter proof screen was a big plus. Small trade off, guess I just need to find a good app.
    08-24-2017 03:31 PM
    Google has Chromecast, so yeah, it's not gonna license Miracast for stock

My experience with AllCast (Premium) was brief but decent. I own Samsung phones and devices and TVs so I have no issue mirroring directly to them with the native menu.
    Scott337 likes this.
    08-24-2017 03:52 PM
    Google wants us to buy their Chromecast devices. 😁
    08-24-2017 04:01 PM
    Google wants us to buy their Chromecast devices.
    At their pricepoint, you'd be hardpressed not to.
    Scott337 likes this.
    08-24-2017 05:18 PM