Would like to hear impressions, thoughts, etc. On these two apps. Is one better than the other? Why? Did check other threads and nothing real in depth on this.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    05-10-2011 12:35 PM
    I have not used Calengoo yet, but I am sold on Business calendar.
    05-10-2011 01:16 PM
    Why?

05-10-2011 01:21 PM
    I spent the last 2 weeks trying to find a calendar app that fit my needs so I will be curious to see the responses you get.

I did actually install Jorte this morning. So far, I think this maybe exactly what I was looking for. And the best part.... It's FREE!
    05-10-2011 01:47 PM
    I havent tried Calengoo but am using Business Calendar after going from Jorte.
    I didnt like having to toggle through Jorte's different views and it seemed more complicated then needed to be.
    Business Calendar was straight forward, giving me a nice view of the month and a day to day view when needed with either a vertical swipe to move between months or a horizontal swipe to select a days view. I just felt it was more initiative.
    BC has a nice option where you can easily toggle the different Google calendars you have set up on the main month view.

I liked Jorte's free price and the author seems to keep it updated well. Business Calendar kinda on the pricey side when compared to other apps but it was only $5 or so. There is a nice free version you can check out first before taking the plunge.
    05-10-2011 09:49 PM
    Surprised there is not more discussion on this

05-12-2011 12:54 PM
    I haven't tried Calengoo, but I adore Business Calendar.
    I've been using it since it was in beta, and even the free version is fantastic. (I got the paid version for free when it was the app of the day on the amazon appstore, woo!)
    It has every feature you could need.
    The drag and drop feature thats only in the paid version is the greatest thing ever. Say you have the same event three days in a row? Instead of having to create it three times, you just go into week view, drag the bar over, and click copy.
    I used jorte for awhile, and agreed that it was way too complicated. Also, the lack of repeat events killed me (maybe they have added that now, I dont know. Still don't regret leaving it.)

Seriously, go business calendar.
    05-12-2011 05:16 PM
    I haven't tried Calengoo, but I adore Business Calendar.
    I've been using it since it was in beta, and even the free version is fantastic. (I got the paid version for free when it was the app of the day on the amazon appstore, woo!)
    It has every feature you could need.
    The drag and drop feature thats only in the paid version is the greatest thing ever. Say you have the same event three days in a row? Instead of having to create it three times, you just go into week view, drag the bar over, and click copy.
    I used jorte for awhile, and agreed that it was way too complicated. Also, the lack of repeat events killed me (maybe they have added that now, I dont know. Still don't regret leaving it.)

Seriously, go business calendar.
    Another vote for business calendar. The widget is also fantastic.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    05-12-2011 08:17 PM
    I've tried just about every calendar app out there and like CalenGoo the best. It seems to be the most configurable, so you can set it up any way you want. It was well worth the price to me.
    05-13-2011 08:59 AM
    I've tried just about every calendar app out there and like CalenGoo the best. It seems to be the most configurable, so you can set it up any way you want. It was well worth the price to me.
    The other nice thing about CalenGoo over Business Calendar is support for Google Tasks. That said, I still find myself switching between CalenGoo, Bus Calendar and Jorte, as none is quite there yet for me.
    05-13-2011 07:34 PM
    I can't get Business Calendar on my Transformer to recognize my corp Exchange calendar, dang. I hoped 3.1 might magically resolve this.
    06-01-2011 05:15 PM
    I've been looking for a calendar that has a good "Weekly" view. Pure calendar is "ok"... Business calender is a bit better, but still hard to read. Just installed Calengoo and I think it's the best for the weekly view. It is a different style weekly view, but the only one that is actually legible. I think it will take a bit of time getting used to, but seems to be the best for me.
    06-10-2011 10:20 AM
    I love the Go Launcher widget. Very simple and the ability to "flip" through the pages is really cool. If they only had the option to use different color tabs in the month view then it would be the one I used. Until then I wait...
    06-13-2011 01:19 PM
    I used Business Calendar for almost 2 years and was very satisfied with it. However, when I recently upgraded my phone to a RAZR/MAXX, I noticed that non-repeating events that were more than 2 months old would not sync from the Google calendar. After doing some research, it seems that this is a new "feature" in the Google calendar and is not configurable.

Then I discovered Calengoo. It has every feature that I used and liked in Business Calendar, plus more. Most significantly, it can download the entire Google calendar. It has more configuration options than BC and is just as fast. The only feature I thought was a bit nicer in BC was the time picker, whereby I could easily select 15, 30, 45, or 00 with a single tap. But that was a small price to pay for a calendar which would download my entire Google calendar.

Speaking of small price.... it cost $5.99 which I was delighted to pay. I would have preferred a trial freebie to test first. The 15 minute refund window is a joke; there's no way I could test it out thoroughly in 15 minutes, so I just too a chance for the $6. But I'm delighted with the results.
    04-23-2012 08:51 AM
    Does calengoo have U.S. holidays or option for showing them ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 09:27 AM
    You can get US Holidays displayed in the Google calendar. After doing that, they can be displayed in CallenGoo. I did it and it works fine.
    04-23-2012 10:27 AM
    Ok thanks that is an option I have for Business calendar also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 10:35 AM
    Business calendar!!
    04-25-2012 08:37 PM
    I started this thread awhile back and tried both. I stuck with Calengoo strictly because I like the look and feel of the app better. Both are solid choices

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2012 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD