Is there an app that I can use as my default texting app where the option to rename chats is available? I'm not looking to rename group chats only, I'm looking to be able to rename ALL chats, even chats with one person (mainly).

I work with a lot of people who I don't really talk to more than once a year, I'd like to keep my contact list to friends and family. Is this option available in any of the messaging apps? The blackberry phones have an option to rename chats, which was awesome before I switched to Android.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I am NOT looking for apps such as WhatsApp where both recipients have to own the app and have an account open. I'm looking for apps such as Textra or Facebook Messenger that can be used as a default texting app. But of course, offering this option.
    09-28-2017 12:43 PM
    You are looking to rename the "sender" of the message, right? To change the phone number to a name without putting the contact into your contacts list?

If yes, I am pretty sure you are not going to find any such SMS app.

I tend to group a bunch of contacts in the "z" at the bottom of the contacts list by starting their name with "z ".
    09-28-2017 03:21 PM
    Textra is the app you want. As a former iPhone guy this app is even better than iMessage!
    10-03-2017 07:56 PM