Question re: "complete action using..."

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
(Using LGK10 with 7.0)

this is concerning playing mp3 players specifically (but it can apply to "any" app generally):

If I go to play an mp3 file, the "complete action using..." option pops up (of course) to select an audio player app. I recently installed Pi Music Player (which I like very much) but it does not show up in the options to complete the action (other audio players such as "Google play Music" and "Amazon Music" appear for selection but not Pi).

I've tried going into the Pi app itself, but not sure which category (if any) needs to change (ftr, I changed several of the options but to no avail)

the question is: How to I get my phone to recognize Pi Music Player to be the default app for mp3 files?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not something you need to do, it's the app developer. If the app isn't showing in the 'Default App' menu, then the app isn't registering with the OS as one that can be set up for those files (in this case, MP3 ones).

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
wow, thanks. that's awfully stupid.
apps like VLC show up, but not this one.

thanks!
While I'm on the subject, do you know a good mp3 player that:
a) stays active even when using other apps (or locking the phone), and;
b) will show up in the Default App menu?

I don't need lots of bells and whistles, just basic mp3 player will be fine for me

**UPDATE**
gave up after searching for how to make Pi the default. pos.

installed Blackplayer Music Player, works like a charm, able to set it as default.

/end

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol