Question about NetFlix. Does it download the whole movie and they you are good to go, or does it stream and you need a constant connection?
    I would love to watch on my train commute, but so far both Sprint TV and HBO2Go struggle with keeping a signal. Is NetFlix better?
    Also want to watch on airplanes etc where no signal is possible.
    05-13-2011 06:04 AM
    Yeah, I am pretty sure it relies on a constant internet connection, unfortunately. Maybe one day they'll implement a feature that will download the video for a temporary time.
    05-13-2011 08:12 AM
    Yeah, you have to have a connection. Way too many licensing/DRM issues for studios to allow downloads. I don't really know of any services (legal) that will let you download a movie for offline viewing.
    05-13-2011 08:53 AM
    .. Maybe one day they'll implement a feature that will download the video for a temporary time.
    Or at least a good internet connectivity on the trains. ;-)
    05-13-2011 12:00 PM
    I don't really know of any services (legal) that will let you download a movie for offline viewing.
    From my understanding, this will be a feature of the Android movie rentals that was announced the first day of I/O.
    05-13-2011 12:11 PM
    samsung media hub downloads the videos to the device to allow offline viewing.
    05-15-2011 01:32 PM
    From my understanding, this will be a feature of the Android movie rentals that was announced the first day of I/O.
    yea. I remember reading it downloads to your phone.

NetflIx def needs internet connection. But even on 3g with like 2 bars it seems to work.
    05-15-2011 04:23 PM
    off topic question will it let me do the HDMI out with the Netflix I"m traveling this week and would love to use that option in the hotel with my son.
    05-17-2011 05:01 PM
    off topic question will it let me do the HDMI out with the Netflix I"m traveling this week and would love to use that option in the hotel with my son.
    Will what let you do HDMI out? Netflix isn't a requirement.
    05-18-2011 08:08 AM
    Will what let you do HDMI out? Netflix isn't a requirement.
    What i'm asking is this. I don't currently use the mini hdmi port on my evo (haven't purchased the cable) i know there are restrictions on what will and won't output through it. I wanted to know if I have to go to the trouble of using the Mirroring app or if I buy a cable and plug it in then hook it up to the hotel TV if it will display what Netflix is currently playing (on EVO) to the television.

I hope that makes sense.
    05-18-2011 09:32 AM
    Good question. I don't know and I don't have the cable. My guess is even if it does, you'll have two issues:

1. Finding a hotel TV with an HDMI port, although they are becoming more common.
    2. Netflix uses different encodes for different devices (like how the PS3 and couple others get 1080p and 5.1, while others get 720p and stereo). My guess is the phone, being a small screen and a horribly slow 3G connection, gets really streamlined encode that looks ok on a 3.5 or 4.3" screen, but if you blow it up to a big TV, it's going to look horrendous. Or course, that might be ok for the occasional movie at a hotel.
    05-18-2011 11:21 AM
    Is there a way to get it on the DX
    05-18-2011 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD