SPB Shell 3D passes $500K in three weeks and gets updated v1.1 on 5/12. Ok all of us UI Junkies Spb Shell 3D just got another update. This is the 5th one since 3/30. At least the guys at Spb are trying.

By Doug Smith– May 12, 2011, Mobility Digest
    Posted in: Android, Apps, spb, User Interface

SPB Shell 3D passes $500K in three weeks and gets updated v1.1

"I have been using SPB Shell 3D on the Dell Streak for the last couple of weeks and I think it has an excellent user interface and was one of the most stable builds I have used of the years in the Mobile Shell family. But what I did not figure was just how popular the app would be! In less than three short weeks, SPB Shell 3D for Android has passed $500K in revenue making it one of the best sold Android products world wide!

With success comes a lot of attention an SPB has already released an update for SPB Shell 3D which includes the following:

Today SPB Software updates SPB Shell 3D to version 1.1; bundling some of the most requested features, such as free widget placement, live wallpaper support and 3D birthday widget. Having gathered valuable user feedback, SPB Software worked on features and quality – improving the overall memory consumption, performance and stability – to let Android users net the most out of the software platform and hardware.

SPB Shell 3D supports Android 2.1 or higher and will set you back $14.95 for the app. Head on over to SPB for more details or hit the link here": SPB Shell 3D Android Software SPB Software

Release History
    Version 1.1 (May 12, 2011):
    •Free widget replacement (option)
    •Live wallpaper support
    •3D birthday widget
    •3D scrolling in program list
    •All day events support
    •Redesigned calendar panel
    •Stability bug fixes
    •Performance improvements

Version 1.0.4 (Apr 21, 2011):
    •Fixed automatic backlight
    •Fixed problem with weather settings saving
    •Fixed problem with tap'n'hold
    •Fixed problem with HTC Thunderbolt
    •Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.3 (Apr 7, 2011):
    •Fixed black screen on start problem
    •Fixed settings saving

Version 1.0.2 (Apr 5, 2011):
    •Fixed widgets disappearing after reboot
    •Fixed crash in city selection dialog
    •Added Traditional Chinese localization
    •Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.1 (Mar 30, 2011):
    •Fixed problem with return from landscape mode on QWERTY devices (Droid, Milestone, etc)
    •Improved localization

Version 1.0 (Mar 30, 2011):
    •Initial release

Purchase on Handango
    Price: USD 14.95
    Current version: 1.1
    Release date: May 12, 2011
    Download size: 9 MB
    Size on device: 15 MB

Smartphones only (tablets not supported)
    OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible GPU
    Android 2.1 and higher
    05-13-2011 04:35 PM
    Looks like a great launcher, not sure that I like the idea of running a launcher on top of what is already installed. Although, I am tempted to give it a try.
    05-13-2011 11:21 PM
    Okay, so I downloaded it and played with it for about 10 minutes and then hit the refund button. This was the first app that I actually tried the refund process on. It looked very nice but was not worth $15 IMO. The pre-installed widgets while looking nice didn't have any features that you couldn't find in a widget on the app store. This launcher looked so good, I was just hoping that it would do more.
    05-15-2011 01:15 AM
    Its eye candy for sure. but its not for people who only use 2 or 3 home screens (like me) however though, i will be keeping an eye on it for price drop/discount/special and on amazon free app (highly unlikely but who knows.).
    05-15-2011 01:55 AM
    Has anyone used this for business purposes yet with Corp. email, personal email, RSS Reader, news sites, other business apps?
    05-15-2011 06:01 PM
    With a longer refund period I would give it a try but $15/15min is too tight for me.

Any free trial version?
    05-15-2011 10:51 PM
    If the $15 is a bit too rich for you, take a look at the Regina Launcher. It is also a 3D launcher and is free. Been rocking it for some time now on my Incredible and it is running great. They are focused on stability and performance leading up to V1.0, then will be adding in new features.
    05-16-2011 07:12 AM
    With a longer refund period I would give it a try but $15/15min is too tight for me.

Any free trial version?
    SPB has stated that they feel the 15 minute window isnt enough to test and will refund within a few hours of purchase, but you have to go to their website to request it.
    05-16-2011 08:37 AM