I was lucky enough to get my Dinc2 when Amazon was running their $25 app store credit for a new phone purchase on contract.

I ask the community for suggestions on what to get with that said $25. Here are some guidelines that may help you out on what kind of suggestions I'm looking for.

1. Tethering seems nice especially with PDAnet's new update for masking you from carriers.(nevermind Amazon doesn't carry PDANet).

2. I already have ALL angry birds on my touch, even on Chrome. I don't want to start over on my phone
    3. I love to cook. I love to home brew(beer).
    4. I don't want to have to pay for SMS to Verizon. Looking for Google Voice like SMS but with MMS capabilities.

5. I don't need to take my "documents" with me so apps like "documents to go" don't apply to me.
    6. I do game. Nice, short, games but the kind that make you think. Kind of like AB. More like cut the rope.

7. I've read the camera is pretty good for the Dinc2. "Vignette" like apps I would like.

I think that pretty much covers it. I'll add in as people throw in suggestions. Thanks for stopping by.
    05-13-2011 04:39 PM
    05-13-2011 07:42 PM
    8. Oh I forgot to add like a great alternative to the weather widget/app that comes on Sense.
    9. Easy but robust customization to home pages, widgets, wallpaper, icons, etc.
    05-13-2011 08:05 PM
    Does it have an expiration date? If not, you don't have to spend all of it now. Just use it whenever you find an app you like.
    05-13-2011 09:59 PM
    TuneIn seems awesome! If they got 98Rock out of Baltimore, that would be golden. I might have to get this one for my wife too.
    05-13-2011 10:00 PM
    Does it have an expiration date? If not, you don't have to spend all of it now. Just use it whenever you find an app you like.
    dec 31, 2011. I don't plan on blowing all of it. Amazon doesn't have PDANet so I would pay for that app if they continue to hide the user from carrier's when tethering. I can wait for that app. If they ever get it.

TuneIn will for sure get bought though.
    05-13-2011 10:05 PM
    Slightly off topic but also make sure you check out the App store daily for free Apps to make that $25 last a little longer
    05-14-2011 07:56 AM
    Those are good choices. I also recommend Titanium Backup Pro (download the free version first, then the paid version unlocks more options). My Backup Root (if you're rooted) is good also.

A good file manager app would be useful if you like to tinker with your phone. I use Super Manager, which is free, but there are good paid ones as well.

Try some keyboard apps - I like SwiftKey but today's free app from Amazon is FlexT9 and when I tried it today it seems pretty good. That one is free today, though.

Many people like Beautiful Widgets.

I don't pay for many apps but those are some good ones.
    05-14-2011 10:32 AM
    Slightly off topic but also make sure you check out the App store daily for free Apps to make that $25 last a little longer
    Yeah I've seen that. They've had some really good ones since I've being paying attention more from having an Android phone.

I plan on making that a daily site along with slickdeals.

Thanks

Those are good choices. I also recommend Titanium Backup Pro (download the free version first, then the paid version unlocks more options). My Backup Root (if you're rooted) is good also.

A good file manager app would be useful if you like to tinker with your phone. I use Super Manager, which is free, but there are good paid ones as well.

Try some keyboard apps - I like SwiftKey but today's free app from Amazon is FlexT9 and when I tried it today it seems pretty good. That one is free today, though.

Many people like Beautiful Widgets.

I don't pay for many apps but those are some good ones.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Are apps like Ti Backup just that, backup apps? Nothing really fancy about them?

What does super manager do exactly? I do want to tinke with the phone.

I'm not rooted. I don't want to root it just yet. I want to get used to it first and figure out what I don't like about and then see if rooting will benefit me more than hurt me.

Beautiful Widgets will probably get purchased or downloaded early in my phones life.

I have a Swype beta key so I'm going to be using that. I got a chance to take it for a spin on a friend's Fascinate and it was just so cool. I know there is a learning curve but I'm willing to spend the time to learn it.
    05-15-2011 02:10 AM
    DUDE!! TuneIn is the bees knees! They did in fact have my favorite rock station from Baltimore. Living in NM, radio(when I actually use it) stations aren't that great. This is the PERFECT solution. I can't thank you enough. My wife is going to FREAK when I tell her about this app. And it's only $.99 for the pro version! That is just a steal.
    05-16-2011 01:27 AM
    Titanium Backup is available for rooted phones only but is a pretty straightforward backup program. It offers options for backing up and restoring everything (apps+system data), just system data, just apps, just new or upgraded apps, and apps individually. It backs up to your SD card or, if you have Dropbox enabled, your Dropbox account (to the cloud!). I'm sure there must be apps available for performing backups on unrooted phones if you search the Market. A good backup program should be a priority in case something goes wrong with your phone, that way you can get everything back fairly easily and not have to recreate everything.

Super Manager is a file manager program. If your device is rooted it allows you read/write access to your files that normally would be locked from changes. It isn't critical for basic phone use but if you start getting into customizing it beyond the basic settings it is very useful. Similar programs are available also.

So many good apps are free that I don't have many paid ones. But a few are worth paying for. You can browse the Market for top apps in each category of Paid apps and see what you might like. Looking at that can give you a good idea of which ones the most people find valuable. Of course, the same can be said of the free categories. :-) And you can always google "best android apps" and find plenty of info there.
    spikbeatz likes this.
    05-16-2011 06:56 AM
    Also, I like the AVG phone security app. It can be set up to have a lockscreen message (i.e. "this phone belongs to...contact if found) and to remotely find your phone if lost or stolen. It has some backup capabilities as well.
    05-16-2011 08:45 AM
    DUDE!! TuneIn is the bees knees! They did in fact have my favorite rock station from Baltimore. Living in NM, radio(when I actually use it) stations aren't that great. This is the PERFECT solution. I can't thank you enough. My wife is going to FREAK when I tell her about this app. And it's only $.99 for the pro version! That is just a steal.

Yeah, I love it. It works so smoothly. I have some stations that I listen to out of the UK that play some great tunes. Great Beach music from California stations, then Nashville and New Orleans bring a different flavor.
    05-16-2011 10:38 AM
    I'm not rooted but I'll keep them in mind when that time comes.
    05-16-2011 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD