gboard doesn't enter suggested words with spacebar

bmorgan67

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have added a few words/phrases to the auto correct list on the gboard keyboard. I believe when I type in Yw for You're welcome. it's suppose to insert the change with the spacebar. It does not. I have to select the correction from the suggested words list above the keyboard. Any ideas on how I can get this to work or is it just not supposed to work. I have that option turned on in the settings. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Spacebar will only insert the highlighted word(like a bold word). Are you sure that "You're welcome" is highlighted when you type in "Yw"?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In the settings for the Google keyboard, make sure you have the spacebar enabled for auto-correction. I always turn this off because it is a cause of all the auto-correct "humor".

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
According to the explaination in the settings, the spacebar only works when the word is highlighted. When a word is highlighted, it is in the middle, but in the middle doesn't equal to being highlighted. You may do a small test. For example, when I type Ys, Yes is highlighted in the middle, and the spacebar works. Maybe Gboard still needs longer for complicated typing.

bmorgan67

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your help. it looks like it just do what some many other keyboards can do. It's a shame since I like the way it does everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz