Okay, what just happened? I paid for lunch with Android Pay and my phone displayed an icon of a dancing cartoon character, and my credit card was not charged. Please note: No liquor is involved.
    10-19-2017 11:58 AM
    Checked with Google Pixel help (chatted directly from my phone.) They thought it was an advertisement for something, which is doubtful since the animation only lasted for about 5 seconds and didn't display an product.
    10-20-2017 09:26 AM
    SOLVED

I saw the animation again just now and paid closer attention to it. It definitely comes from Android Pay.

When you use Android Pay, a white circle with a check mark inside it appears over the image of your credit card. In my case, the check mark appeared briefly and was them replaced by an animated person doing a little dance. The character has orange skin and was wearing a green outfit.

This can only come from Android Pay, but what it means or why it appears are still a mystery.
    10-20-2017 11:53 AM
    SOLVED

I saw the animation again just now and paid closer attention to it. It definitely comes from Android Pay.

When you use Android Pay, a white circle with a check mark inside it appears over the image of your credit card. In my case, the check mark appeared briefly and was them replaced by an animated person doing a little dance. The character has orange skin and was wearing a green outfit.

This can only come from Android Pay, but what it means or why it appears are still a mystery.
    Solved? What was the solution?

Can you tell us what credit card (bank name/brand - not the card number!) is linked to Android Pay?

I'm wondering if it is something specific to that card company - perhaps they have control over the type of payment notification Android Pay displays?
    11-09-2017 02:32 PM