I came from an Samsung Note Edge. It came with an app called Beep and Go.

I scanned my loyalty cards in it and it worked at my health club and CVS. I guess it used Samsung proprietary tech because at the health club I just had to put the phone next to the bar-code scanner and it would work. Same with CVS.

Today, I worked out and have my health club card in Beep and Go and Google Wallet on my Pixel. I tried both -

Neither would work.

Forget about credit cards. Is there an app out there for Android/ Pixel that will present a bar-code that can be scanned by a standard laser bar-code scanner? Or is the tech just not ready yet unless the stores install special card readers for smart phones?
    10-28-2017 12:09 AM
    The Samsung screen is AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode), the Pixel screen is P-OLED (polymer organic light-emitting diode). That's probably what's causing the problem. Can a scanner be developed to read P-OLED screens? Who knows? Will stores spend more money for them (if they're developed) so soon after they spent money for chip-enabled card readers? Probably a lot of them won't.
    10-29-2017 01:47 PM
    My LG V30 has a P-OLED screen and it scans just fine at my local stores. Maybe its just the scanner but the P-OLED should work.
    10-30-2017 01:40 PM