Multiple Outlook.com calendars missing in Android 7.0 stock calendar app

harry30us

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

Recently I switched from iphone 6 to Samsung S8+ which runs Android 7.0 system, and I have several Outlook calendars (different project calendars, shared calendars etc.) in one Outlook.com account. Previously it worked perfectly with iOS, I just added the my Outlook account, then all the calendars associated with that account appeared in iOS calendar app, and you can easily select the calendar you want to appear in the app. However, with Android 7.0, after setting up the Outlook account using Exchange ActiveSync, only the default Outlook calendar appears in the Android stock calendar app, all the others calendars just won't show up regardless what I do.

I have checked the sync is on for calendar and also tried reset the system to factory setting, nothing worked. I am just wondering if anybody have the similar problem, or how this can be solved?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't use Outlook Calendars on the phone that much so I can't help that way. But there is an official Outlook app that also handles Outlook calendars so you can check that out and use that instead of the in built one.

harry30us

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I have official Outlook app as well, as I also have a Gear S3 watch paired with S8+, the watch calendar app only sync with stock calendar app, therefore I won't be able to see my calendar events on my watch (which is the mainly reason I got the watch). But thanks for your help anyway. :)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem actually is Microsoft and Google. Initially having the Outlook app on the phone will let the stock Calendar app see all Outlook.com calendars, but an update a couple of years back killed that. Now you can only do that if you're using paid Exchange servers.

A work around is getting a third party app to sync for you, like Akruto or TeamCalendarSync. Or using PC based tools like Samsung's SmartSwitch which syncs to Outlook on your PC.

Another option is to subscribe your Google account to the Outlook calendars.