What is the time seen on the recipients phone of a whatsapp message. time sent or time received

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It happened that someone sent me 2 messages at 10:12, i had my phone and i never received a notification of the message entering, at 10:22 i received another message and that is when i received a sound notification and i entered in whatsapp all 3 messages were there.
I then started responding but the message was not being delivered for some seconds due to network.

I then assumed that although some of the messages where sent at 10:12, they all entered at 10:22 when i received the sound notification.

If somebody sends a message at a certain time, and that message only enters in the destination number some minutes later, what is the time that will show in the recepient´s phone? the time the message left the sender phone or the time the message was received in the recepient´s phone?

Thank you

A Bochur

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
it will show the time that the message was sent. in your case 10:12.
the only way to find out what time the message actually arrived to your phone is by using the senders phone to check delivery time.

A Bochur

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
@B Diddy Of topic question here, I've been on this forum for some time now but i can't figure out how to access the WhatsApp forum in particular, or any app specific forums. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm using the app, but couldn't find it using the web either.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Some of the navigation is broken.
The webpage to the WhatsApp forum says the path is
Forum > Android Apps, Browsers, Games & More > Android Apps > Android Applications > Instant Messaging > WhatsApp for Android

However, it is not possible to navigate from "Android Apps" to "Android Applications".

The option I use is to set a bookmark to the "instant messaging" forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm