messaging apps

Alibran

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Just curious, I'm a former blackberry guy who migrated to android, with a few exceptions have been very pleased with the experience. I won't sit here and trash in apple but suffice to say I will not become an iguy. However one feature my wife's I stuff has that I like is that iMessage sends all messages including sms across all her devices. She can iMessage our kids or text me from the same app wether she is on her phone or her iPad that only works on wifi. Even my old beloved BBM required you to switch to the text app for anyone not on BBM. Her iMessage allows her to talk to all whether they are on iMessage or not. Far be it from me to give props to apple but that is a great feature. Does anyone know of an android app that would do the same? I run a galaxy s7 and a galaxy tab s2 and would love to be able to text people from both like iMessage.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
iMessage is a good instant messaging app that also knows how to do SMS. Apple did that well.

Unfortunately, there is nothing like that on the Android side. SMS and instant messaging are done in two separate apps.

For reading message on both your phone and computer, many of the various IM apps will let you do that. Some of the carriers also give a web access to your SMS messages.