Google Voice Oddity

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I call out using GV, it shows the same phone number for every person. For example when I call "Joe" it shows his numbers 919-123-4567. When I call "Mom" it shows the same number.

Normally I wouldnt care, but sometimes in my call log it will say unknown name and have this phone number even though I just called "Joe" who is in my phone book.

Any ideas guys?

irie

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
On my phone Google voice dials the same access number all the time for outgoing calls. No matter who I call the number is always the same. To keep a log of people you call using GV, you have to check the GV app. Now I am using a BlackBerry, but I would think this is the same.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I believe it's because you're calling Google's server then dialing the number you want to call(Automatically of course).

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Weirdkid - I believe you are correct. You are actually calling into your Google voice number/account then it dials the number you are looking to contact. I think this is just the way Google voice works. If not there would be no way to call from your Google voice account as its not.

murphster03

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the Motorola Droid phone and even though my phone dials out using google voice and dials the same number for everyone, it still shows the actual person I called in my call log. What phone are you using that doesn't show the actual person you are calling? Maybe it's an Android 2.0 OS fix. Just wondering.

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the Motorola Droid phone and even though my phone dials out using google voice and dials the same number for everyone, it still shows the actual person I called in my call log. What phone are you using that doesn't show the actual person you are calling? Maybe it's an Android 2.0 OS fix. Just wondering.

Thats exactly what my Hero does. The only issue is that sometimes the call log doesn't show the person I called, it shows the one number it uses for everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey