Whenever I call out using GV, it shows the same phone number for every person. For example when I call "Joe" it shows his numbers 919-123-4567. When I call "Mom" it shows the same number.

Normally I wouldnt care, but sometimes in my call log it will say unknown name and have this phone number even though I just called "Joe" who is in my phone book.

Any ideas guys?
    10-26-2009 06:16 PM
    On my phone Google voice dials the same access number all the time for outgoing calls. No matter who I call the number is always the same. To keep a log of people you call using GV, you have to check the GV app. Now I am using a BlackBerry, but I would think this is the same.
    10-26-2009 07:01 PM
    Yea it was doing the exact same thing for me too. I guess its just the way the app works.
    10-27-2009 10:29 AM
    I believe it's because you're calling Google's server then dialing the number you want to call(Automatically of course).
    10-30-2009 04:05 AM
    Weirdkid - I believe you are correct. You are actually calling into your Google voice number/account then it dials the number you are looking to contact. I think this is just the way Google voice works. If not there would be no way to call from your Google voice account as its not.
    11-02-2009 03:55 AM
    anyone have a goofle voice invite they are not using?
    11-09-2009 04:16 PM
    anyone have a goofle voice invite they are not using?
    how long does it take to get one??
    11-10-2009 04:16 PM
    how long does it take to get one??
    I dont have an invite that I havent used but it only takes a couple days (max 1 week) to get one. Just go to google.com/voice to request one.
    11-10-2009 05:11 PM
    I dont have an invite that I havent used but it only takes a couple days (max 1 week) to get one. Just go to google.com/voice to request one.
    what do u mean that u havent used?? Can you use more than one or is there a problem?? thanks
    11-10-2009 07:42 PM
    I'm using the Motorola Droid phone and even though my phone dials out using google voice and dials the same number for everyone, it still shows the actual person I called in my call log. What phone are you using that doesn't show the actual person you are calling? Maybe it's an Android 2.0 OS fix. Just wondering.
    11-10-2009 08:23 PM
    I'm using the Motorola Droid phone and even though my phone dials out using google voice and dials the same number for everyone, it still shows the actual person I called in my call log. What phone are you using that doesn't show the actual person you are calling? Maybe it's an Android 2.0 OS fix. Just wondering.
    Thats exactly what my Hero does. The only issue is that sometimes the call log doesn't show the person I called, it shows the one number it uses for everyone.
    11-10-2009 08:40 PM
    I see my contacts number in the call log, in my detailed bill I see the access number though.
    11-10-2009 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD