Suspicious login attempts

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've recently received notice via the Facebook app that a suspicious login attempt was detected. I only use the official Facebook app and I feel like I have a strong password. I've obviously selected the option that it wasn't me logging in from the location indicated and have changed the password. Just wondering what this is about, considering that the same thing has now happened with the Instagram app.

The Facebook issue occurred on my new phone and the Instagram issue occurred on my tablet.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I get the Facebook alerts when I try to link it to apps/games to use as my cloud account. Other than that, I don't have any other experiences. Try activating 2 step verification for Facebook if you're worried.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
These login attempts are coming from overseas, so it's not like the alert is coming through because I'm signing in from a different computer.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Again depends on the service. Logging on an app, I think it was a game, the login request came from London (I'm in Asia). When I rejected that, I got alert in my app that login was rejected.

Anyway, that's only valid if it occurs in real time. For example I got that alert the moment I tried to use Facebook to login into an app. If it occurs without any interaction from you, check the time if it corresponds to any of your activities that would correlate to an app trying to access Facebook. If it doesn't, change your password and activate 2 factor authentication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL