Iphone convert looking for messaging app

Jeffrey Vlk

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
So I had an iPhone for about the last 8 years. I recently just switched over to a Google pixel and I love everything about it over the iPhone except for the messaging. I do miss iMessage.

I go back and forth between Textra and pulse. I use Textra on a day-to-day basis but when I'm at another device and cannot access my phone I use pulse because of the multiple device capability.

However I keep reading about RCS messaging with Android messages. I would much prefer just to use the messaging app that came with the phone

However that app seems to lack features that Textra and pulse have such as the ability to make messages longer than one message an MMS.

I am on Verizon right now, and I'm just paying the monthly fee for pulse. It is only been about 1 month, but is there any word of RCs coming to Verizon?

I am 99.9% bought into Android at this point. But I do miss iMessage because of the full quality pictures and videos that would come through.

I know that I can share through Google photos and things like that, but the convenience of iMessage was pretty great.

So again is there any word of RCs coming to Verizon? I would love to Be able to use the native app like I did before as well as get full quality pictures and videos to go through text.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure RCS is the answer for full quality pictures and videos in text messaging, but I may be wrong.

If you want to send one, just send a link to the picture or video from your Photos library, you can send the link in a text and the other person should be able to open it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No word yet. You can install Android Messages to be ready for it when Verizon implements it, but I'm afraid it's going to be like MMS when that started - all you'll be able to do between carriers (if you're on Verizon and I'm on T-Mobile, for example) is test and old-style MMS. (We used to get text-only between carriers.) It's probably going to be mid-to-late 2018, if not later, before everyone agrees on the universal profile (or something else). And Android Messages will still send and receive SMS and MMS until then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc